Pipd's Peeps!

Haha, thanks, Ron! Looks like I kind of disappeared again, though! :oops:

I'm here with baby pictures! I'm a bit late for the 8-weekers, but today the OEGBs are exactly 3 months old, so I have pictures of both groups. Both sets, the girls (and Oberon) were more cooperative than (most of) the boys, so.. :idunno I did what I could. Here are the OEGB girlies:

View attachment 1816850 View attachment 1816858

The Easter-egger girls (and Oberon) :

View attachment 1816851 View attachment 1816852 View attachment 1816853 View attachment 1816854

Still not 100% sure if Ganymede is a cockerel or a pullet at this point, but she's going to be considered a girl until I'm sure. :p

Anyway, here are the OEGB boys. They were hard to get pictures of because of how forward they are. Not sure if that's such a good thing... :confused:

View attachment 1816849 View attachment 1816855 View attachment 1816857

And the rest of the EE boys? Well... They kind of hid in the bushes, so this is all I could really get of them. :hmm

View attachment 1816856

Maybe I'll try again tomorrow for them, though there really isn't much of a change from last time, if any. Both groups of babies are going to be on a monthly picture schedule now because none of them are really changing much on a weekly basis. :p

Oh, and they're all moved outside now, as of last Friday! I definitely miss having them in the brooder, but it is really nice not to have to lug them in and out anymore. :lol:
It is nice to see them get outside!

Yeah, and it is nice not to have to carry them in and out! They definitely have been enjoying the great outdoors since I started taking them out a while back, but seem a bit unsure about overnights in the coop. :p Terrible picture, but there they are all perched for the night a couple nights ago, way up in the rafters of the addition. Oberon putting on his best cutie-face, there. :lol:

babies perched in the coop.jpg

Yeah, and it is nice not to have to carry them in and out! They definitely have been enjoying the great outdoors since I started taking them out a while back, but seem a bit unsure about overnights in the coop. :p Terrible picture, but there they are all perched for the night a couple nights ago, way up in the rafters of the addition. Oberon putting on his best cutie-face, there. :lol:

View attachment 1817453
You are way ahead with them using the roost!

Often young ones will not go up to them

Hey, all! Sorry for totally disappearing on this thread (well, and on BYC in general, I guess
sheepish shrug.gif
)! I did not forget about the babies' pictures, but I realized after my last picture post that I was off by about 10 days on the OEGB babies' monthiversary. Whoops! Since the groups are so small, I figured I would pick a date between their monthiversary days (which would be around the 20th for the EEs and the 27th for the OEGBs) and combine them for picture day. That makes today picture day for all the babies! :D

Tomorrow is my birthday, so I'll probably not be around much (big plans!! actually, just the same plans as always :p ), but we do have a few projects to do around the coop that I'll keep y'all updated on, I promise.

Anyway, pictures to come later! :D Just wait until y'all see these kiddos!

Hey, all! Sorry for totally disappearing on this thread (well, and on BYC in general, I guess View attachment 1854893 )! I did not forget about the babies' pictures, but I realized after my last picture post that I was off by about 10 days on the OEGB babies' monthiversary. Whoops! Since the groups are so small, I figured I would pick a date between their monthiversary days (which would be around the 20th for the EEs and the 27th for the OEGBs) and combine them for picture day. That makes today picture day for all the babies! :D

Tomorrow is my birthday, so I'll probably not be around much (big plans!! actually, just the same plans as always :p ), but we do have a few projects to do around the coop that I'll keep y'all updated on, I promise.

Anyway, pictures to come later! :D Just wait until y'all see these kiddos!
byc happy bday.gif

Aw, thank you both!
aw shucks.gif
Yes, all's well, I've just been exceptionally lazy lately and haven't really been checking in beyond reading threads that most interested me. :lol: Not much happening here, but the weather is finally somewhat decent after rain, rain and more RAIN, and then a mini heat wave that ended sooner than they projected. :idunno At least the girls weren't cooked in the heat they predicted!

I do have pictures!! I'll have to post them in a little bit as they're not all cropped, and it's now egg collecting time and almost coop closing time. But at least I have them! I'll get those posted in just a bit! :D

Back
Top Bottom