Pipd's Peeps!

Lockdown! I went with the egg carton method for these little ones since their air cells are all over the place. I'm super nervous about how well they'll hatch, so I'll probably have my nose smushed against the window for the next three days. :p Come on, eggies!! :fl

lockdown.jpg

Some sad news from today, though, especially so soon after Echo. Scooter, my last Sebright, has passed on. :( She went from perfectly fine and even chipper yesterday to dying this morning, and had passed on her own by noon. She was about 9 or 10 years old, I'm not entirely sure. :( Rest in peace, Scootie.

Scooter.jpg

We have an internal pip!! :jumpy I thought I heard it earlier, so tonight I candled again and held each egg up to my ear to listen. The one in the front row all the way to the left in the above picture peeped at me when I did! 😍 Two others look like they're close to internally pipping, and the remaining two living eggs are still visibly moving in there. :fl Looks like I might accidentally have an April Fool's day hatch! :p

Two more pips!! :wee The two eggs all the way to the right are air breathers now! One of those two is a possible silkie split, so I'm hoping I can catch them as they hatch to be able to mark that one. It's not super important that I do, but I'd like to. :D

I couldn't get a good picture of the eggs that actually showed the pips, but here's one of the first to hatch baby peeking over the carton at me and flapping her* widdle wings. :love (Sorry it's so dark :oops: )

1585786200320.png

*Side note--they're all 'shes' until proven otherwise. :gig

Last edited:
Another pip just happened! So that makes four air breathers so far!! 😍 No further activity from the other two pippers besides some peeping and maybe a little widening of their pips. Looks like I may not catch the possible split hatching because it's late and I'm bushed... Oh, well. :D

Haha, thanks DD! I feel rested, though every time I woke up in the night, I was peeking into the incubator. :D

Around like 4:30-5:00 this morning, the fifth egg pipped! Here are the three pippers now that they're more visible:

IMG_20200402_072641~2.jpg

And a certain someone being nosy :love

IMG_20200402_072554~2.jpg

And, while I was typing the above, baby number 2 decided to make an appearance out of the egg not visible in the above pictures! 😍 Not a great picture, but it wasn't an easy angle to take one from.

IMG_20200402_072853~2.jpg

2 down, 3 to go! :fl

Back
Top Bottom