Pipd's Peeps!

hi! I think it was ECSandCCFS or something along those lines? I used to have so much fun watching the batches of babies grow up :]

Oh, I remember that username!! Welcome back! 😁 You came back at the right time, I've got fresh babies hatched this past weekend!

Yowza! Judy sure put the booty on her Judy Booties! :love (ok, I know its early, but...) oh my gosh I think you found the perfect pairing for breed perfection :wee:yesss:

Ahaha, she really did!! That little Blue baby out of her is such a chunk already! 🥰

Well incubator is washed and sanitized as best I can do with dawn and bleach. I have Silkie(blue cream), Crevecoeur(BBS) and Ameraucana(LF blue and silver, bantam silver) eggs are on the way.

Oooh, exciting!! Definitely keep us posted! :pop

Pretty sure I found the artist in the blue pen last night, the other Splash pullet (not Judy). She had just laid when I went out to close coops for the evening and it was a pretty pinkish-tan egg with lovely, fine white speckles. :love I tested the waters with Pablo on her and... I'm just not sure I'm feeling it click for her. 😔 So, back to the drawing board (no pun intended) for artist names for this pretty lady:

unnamed splash pullet.jpg

I did have some success naming a few other blue pen ladies, though. 😁 Introducing:

Maisie:

Maisie.jpg

Margot:

Margot.jpg

Maisie and Margot are twins, I swear! They're attached at the hip, perch together every night, and I can only tell them apart because Maisie's front two comb points fell off after a spat in the mixed flock when she was much younger. :th

I also decided on my Zoe, the one Black pullet in the blue pen:

Zoe.jpg

And I settled on Priscilla for this red coop girl:

Priscilla.jpg

Other than the unnamed Splash pullet, I have one more pullet to name in the blue pen. Like with Maisie and Margot, she looks so much like Inara, who I'm reasonably sure as a result is her mother, that I have to look at differences in their combs to know who I'm talking to 🤭 And, of course, there's the birthday baby that needs a name. This whole naming thing has turned out to be a lot of hard work as well!! :th

Pretty sure I found the artist in the blue pen last night, the other Splash pullet (not Judy). She had just laid when I went out to close coops for the evening and it was a pretty pinkish-tan egg with lovely, fine white speckles. :love I tested the waters with Pablo on her and... I'm just not sure I'm feeling it click for her. 😔 So, back to the drawing board (no pun intended) for artist names for this pretty lady:

View attachment 3789143

I did have some success naming a few other blue pen ladies, though. 😁 Introducing:

Maisie:

View attachment 3789144

Margot:

View attachment 3789145

Maisie and Margot are twins, I swear! They're attached at the hip, perch together every night, and I can only tell them apart because Maisie's front two comb points fell off after a spat in the mixed flock when she was much younger. :th

I also decided on my Zoe, the one Black pullet in the blue pen:

View attachment 3789146

And I settled on Priscilla for this red coop girl:

View attachment 3789147

Other than the unnamed Splash pullet, I have one more pullet to name in the blue pen. Like with Maisie and Margot, she looks so much like Inara, who I'm reasonably sure as a result is her mother, that I have to look at differences in their combs to know who I'm talking to 🤭 And, of course, there's the birthday baby that needs a name. This whole naming thing has turned out to be a lot of hard work as well!! :th
What about Georgia (O'Keefe) for the splash with the painted eggs? She's really pretty 😍

They're all really pretty, but I'm thinking splash must be my thing 🤔

Its a long process to get them named! I have 19 6 week olds and finally named the forst one this morning, and one of the 1 week olds too. My little week old silkie is now Mini Muffin, if it's a cockerel he might be called The Muffin Man when he gets older. And, my 6wk chocolate frizzle cockerel is now Hammy 🤣 because he's a ham.

unnamed splash pullet.jpg
Monet.... that is all! She looks like she could be in one of his paintings.

Last edited:
What about Georgia (O'Keefe) for the splash with the painted eggs? She's really pretty 😍

They're all really pretty, but I'm thinking splash must be my thing 🤔

Its a long process to get them named! I have 19 6 week olds and finally named the forst one this morning, and one of the 1 week olds too. My little week old silkie is now Mini Muffin, if it's a cockerel he might be called The Muffin Man when he gets older. And, my 6wk chocolate frizzle cockerel is now Hammy 🤣 because he's a ham.

I do really like the name Georgia! :love And coincidentally this morning I was also looking into Frida Kahlo as a potential namesake, and she was apparently good friends with Georgia O'Keeffe!

None of my birds hatched last year had names until just recently except for Duckling. :oops: I mostly put it off because I didn't know who I'd be keeping, though. I love the names you give your birds, they're so adorable! 🥰

Monet.... that is all! She looks like she could be in one of his paintings.

I was actually thinking the exact same thing this morning!! Especially his water lily paintings! :love

Great suggestions, y'all! I'll have to go ask her what she thinks of them when I'm done eating my supper. 😁

Good morning, y'all! A little bit of cuteness for your day. I love their little happy peeps and bobbles :love

I did test out a couple names on our Splash lady last night, and I think Georgia feels right on her. So, officially introducing Georgia 🥰

Georgia.jpg

And I think I've decided on Phoebe for my birthday baby :love

Phoebe.jpg

Which just leaves Inara's look-alike pullet to be named... 🤔

Back
Top Bottom