Pipped no zip

Lower the humidity a bit, should be around 60 to 65%, they can drown at 80%. Quail pip and zip pretty quick, I think you will need to assist any that go over 24 hours.
But I see vessels still. It's whole beak is just about out it's little hole it made though.

Sad to say that it's gone. I let it stay in the incubator but the veins were not going anywhere. I attempted to assist and just peel the shell because when I pulled it out to check on it I noticed the little tooth that was there, was no longer there. It stuck it's little beak out too far and busted another vein that was right on the edge of the hole. After that, it took a few more breaths and was gone. I opened it's shell and noticed not only did it have no room for any movement but the yolk sac was not there, yet the membrane was full of very full veins. However, the little one was not fully developed either.

Sad to say that it's gone. I let it stay in the incubator but the veins were not going anywhere. I attempted to assist and just peel the shell because when I pulled it out to check on it I noticed the little tooth that was there, was no longer there. It stuck it's little beak out too far and busted another vein that was right on the edge of the hole. After that, it took a few more breaths and was gone. I opened it's shell and noticed not only did it have no room for any movement but the yolk sac was not there, yet the membrane was full of very full veins. However, the little one was not fully developed either.
I am so sorry, :hugs it's never easy to lose them no matter how old they are, even this little one.

Back
Top Bottom