Pipped wrong end- 12 hours - should I assist?

Attachments

• FE326D3B-FA3F-4187-9107-66F1851FA7D5.jpeg
    FE326D3B-FA3F-4187-9107-66F1851FA7D5.jpeg
    201.2 KB · Views: 16
Looks like the brown egg.

I've had a few wrong end pippers this year because the chicks were too big to turn to their aircells. They were able to hatch successfully, but I had to help one since it was way to big, & cramped to zip.

Last edited:
Other chick seems to have read my intention to help and hurried up. This is it unzipping, right? I can walk away now, and let them do their thing.

Attachments

• 398894B1-1C5B-4048-8790-C49352909A9B.jpeg
    398894B1-1C5B-4048-8790-C49352909A9B.jpeg
    289.2 KB · Views: 15
Haven't figured out exactly what humidity level causes sticky chicks. It may have to do with too high of humidity though.
I’m so glad for your advice!!! Thank you again. I am not afraid to interfere if I know there’s a problem, but judging if it’s a problem or not it’s always so difficult. The chick has curled toes, but I suspect that’s from being trapped, and if necessary, I can intervene in the brooder.

I’m so glad for your advice!!! Thank you again. I am not afraid to interfere if I know there’s a problem, but judging if it’s a problem or not it’s always so difficult. The chick has curled toes, but I suspect that’s from being trapped, and if necessary, I can intervene in the brooder.
You're welcome.

It's the one that just hatched out of the brown egg, or a different chick?

You're welcome.

It's the one that just hatched out of the brown egg, or a different chick?
The fresh out of the shell was the green egg. The shell and membrane were completely dry, and peel off so fast. I think if I would have waited much longer, the chick would have lost strength. The second chick came out, too!

I'm not sure which is which . . . . but I guessed based off of where they were in the incubator. I also removed two of my hatched chicks, they were pecking the new chicks, so much.

Attachments

• browneggchick.jpg
    browneggchick.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 16
  • greeneggchick?.jpg
    greeneggchick?.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 17

Back
Top Bottom