pipped wrong end..duckling help with pic

The one who passed pipped the wrong end. I peeled back the shell where I could to give him some air and within an hour or 2 he passed. I was devastated and did not open it up all the way but from what I could see that was exposed, he did seem ready to come out. there was no blood and he looked huge. As does this guy. seems like he cant move at all besides his head.
YOU did not cause the death; that I promise you. I have help baby birds of numerous species into the world over the last 60 years. What you describe would not have caused a healthy duckling to die. It might have been just too late, but more likely the duckling was genetically defective.

YOU did not cause the death; that I promise you. I have help baby birds of numerous species into the world over the last 60 years. What you describe would not have caused a healthy duckling to die. It might have been just too late, but more likely the duckling was genetically defective.
I figured as much :(

Update! little fella is still breathing and moving around. Still appears to be really tight in there but I peeled some of the shell back more to hopefully help him wiggle more

I figured as much :(

Update! little fella is still breathing and moving around. Still appears to be really tight in there but I peeled some of the shell back more to hopefully help him wiggle more
The more it wiggles and the louder it peeps the healthier it is and more likely to be a strong duckling once it hatches.

He is out! I went ahead and placed him on a semi damp warm towel since he seems kinda goopy still

Attachments

• 20211224_152922.jpg
    20211224_152922.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 31
The more it wiggles and the louder it peeps the healthier it is and more likely to be
The more it wiggles and the louder it peeps the healthier it is and more likely to be a strong duckling once it hatches.
He is almost out! hasnt peeped much but I assume he just wants to rest for a bit. still wiggling and kicking legs

Back
Top Bottom