Pipping and hatching today in incubator

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Abrelea, May 22, 2012.

1. mollygirl

mollygirl In the Brooder

May 23, 2012
    Ky
    Hi all, im haveing a bit of a problem, my eggs wont hatch!!! there are live chicks inside every egg and only 2 are even trying to peek through and they where suppose to hatch 3 days ago, Im thinking my temp may have been to low due to a inaccurate temp gage because after they didnt hatch on the right day I put a new temp in and it didnt read as high as the old one so i adjusted the temp alitttle higher, now 2 are trying to peek through but they have been trying for about 12 hours now ,, what should I do? like I said every egg has a live chick in it, someone please advise me asap, thanks

2. shardean

shardean Chirping

May 12, 2012
    Sequim, Washington
    I just read on the internet that at day 2 or 3 when the pen feathers start on the wings..the chicks with long and short feathers starting (2 Rows) will be hens..the ones with just one long feather will be cocks! Check that out against the spot thing! And congrats! [​IMG]

3. mollygirl

mollygirl In the Brooder

May 23, 2012
    Ky
    today 3 are still trying to hatch, the 1st one that started hatching first is almost out, the 3rd one that started hatching just this morning is almost out, not sure why its takeing that 1st chick soo darn long to hatch

4. sumi

sumi Égalité

Jun 28, 2011
    Tipperary, Ireland
    I think it may need a little help.

5. mollygirl

mollygirl In the Brooder

May 23, 2012
    Ky
    went ahead and helped the first little one and it is doing great, plenty of energy, the second little one made it on its own and is doing great also, the third little one died in the shell, not sure why it was pipping so hard to get out but it didnt make it, and so far thats all thats happened none of the other eggs are even trying to hatch,, im still hopeing!!

6. Abrelea

Abrelea Hatching

May 22, 2012
    I agree, they need help, search the net for proper instructions,, google assisting chick etc... all the best

7. Daloorashens

Daloorashens Songster

Apr 26, 2012
    Idaho
    Welcome and congrats!!!

8. sumi

sumi Égalité

Jun 28, 2011
    Tipperary, Ireland
    The sticky thread on this section has an excellent how-to guide for helping chicks hatch.

9. mollygirl

mollygirl In the Brooder

May 23, 2012
    Ky
    well just checked the remaining eggs and all had chicks in them but all where dead ,, only 2 hatched and they are doing great,, hate that I lost so many and I know it was something I did wrong, because they where fully developed and where alive untill 2 days ago I know, like I said the temps was alittle low at first then I adjusted the temp but im thinking maybe the humidity was eaither to low or to high, went by the instructions that came with the bator,, gonna set again on the third but this time i will add a temp and humidity gauge of some sort ,, [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: