We need your amazing chicken photos for our 2020 Calendar! Submit your pics HERE!

Pipping & now hatched, goslings! :) With pics!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Jun 4, 2011.

1. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Quote:Don't give up hope! [​IMG] They might just be restin for a bit! Mine took almost 2 days before they fully hatched.
    [​IMG] Call ducklings are the CUTEST ducklings ever! Just wait till they get to be adults they will be louder than a train! [​IMG]

They are both pipped! [​IMG] I came home and started talking to them and they were both talking back! [​IMG] I see their little bills. I added a little more water & misted them--the humidity had dropped to 53%!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Any progress? [​IMG]

2. StevenW.

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Quote:Don't give up hope! [​IMG] They might just be restin for a bit! Mine took almost 2 days before they fully hatched.
    [​IMG] Call ducklings are the CUTEST ducklings ever! Just wait till they get to be adults they will be louder than a train! [​IMG]

Oh and I know about the call ducks....[​IMG] Although DH doesn't (yet). [​IMG] I have to find someone to build me a call duck pen. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Quote:They are both pipped! [​IMG] I came home and started talking to them and they were both talking back! [​IMG] I see their little bills. I added a little more water & misted them--the humidity had dropped to 53%!

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Any progress? [​IMG]

Nope. I managed to raise the humidity up though...and now I'm just waiting on the babies! [​IMG]

4. Quote:Oh and I know about the call ducks....[​IMG] Although DH doesn't (yet). [​IMG] I have to find someone to build me a call duck pen. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know! [​IMG]

5. StevenW.

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    [​IMG]
    Did the Buff eggs make it?

6. ginormous chicken

ginormous chicken Songster

Jan 18, 2011
    Elverta, California
    Aww... they are so cute!!! [​IMG] Not to hyjack the conversation but the LS are doing great. Any secret on telling m/f? They are 6 weeks now. In a week they are going to live with the gander! (only for a little while).

I am new to the goose thing, they are so cute!!! You must be a proud mommy!

7. Quote:They are both 1/2 out...I helped a little bit. The humidity dropped again to 52%. [​IMG] They are a little cuter than the Africans...I'll get some pics once they are out. I don't want to open the incubator too much more because I have Muscovies ready to go, next. [​IMG]

8. Quote:Glad to hear they are doing well...if you can post pics of them I'll give it my best guess...other than comb/wattle development, males will be larger (overall) and have thicker legs.

9. StevenW.

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Quote:They are both 1/2 out...I helped a little bit. The humidity dropped again to 52%. [​IMG] They are a little cuter than the Africans...I'll get some pics once they are out. I don't want to open the incubator too much more because I have Muscovies ready to go, next. [​IMG]

I wonder if the air around your incubator is really dry?
    I hope all your scovys hatch! [​IMG] I've tryed to incubate and hatch muscovy eggs without any luck [​IMG]

10. Quote:They are both 1/2 out...I helped a little bit. The humidity dropped again to 52%. [​IMG] They are a little cuter than the Africans...I'll get some pics once they are out. I don't want to open the incubator too much more because I have Muscovies ready to go, next. [​IMG]

I wonder if the air around your incubator is really dry?
    I hope all your scovys hatch! [​IMG] I've tryed to incubate and hatch muscovy eggs without any luck [​IMG]

Muscovies are tricky...but not quite as hard as geese, IMO. Yes, we live in the desert pretty much (we have sagebrush & wildfires here). The house humidity was actually around 40% today which is high.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: