Pipping & now hatched, goslings! :) With pics!

CONGRATULATIONS - those babies are adorable and you must be very pleased with them
thumbsup.gif

I'll be interested to hear how you get on with vent sexing and good luck with it. I must admit Im not so good at it and give up when the gosling gets upset. I usually end up DNA sexing the ones I want to keep. Easier on the bird, easier on my nerves NOT so easy on my wallet!
hu.gif

Quote:
Thanks! I'm very happy! I have tried for a few years to hatch them out without any success (last year, fertility was an issue) and the year before that--they formed and died in the shell. Wouldn't you know that this year--all four eggs were shipped from Colorado (one candled clear at 9 days) and the others formed? The best part (or the most ironic part)--I used a STYROFOAM HOVABATOR (a still air that I added a fan to!)
lol.png
I turned them just twice a day, once before I went to work and then once before I went to bed. I did take them out and let them cool, misted them and then put them back in the bator.

I have no idea where the nearest place is to do the DNA testing--is that feather DNA or???

Quote:
Thanks! I'm very happy! I have tried for a few years to hatch them out without any success (last year, fertility was an issue) and the year before that--they formed and died in the shell. Wouldn't you know that this year--all four eggs were shipped from Colorado (one candled clear at 9 days) and the others formed? The best part (or the most ironic part)--I used a STYROFOAM HOVABATOR (a still air that I added a fan to!)
lol.png
I turned them just twice a day, once before I went to work and then once before I went to bed. I did take them out and let them cool, misted them and then put them back in the bator.

I have no idea where the nearest place is to do the DNA testing--is that feather DNA or???

I think it's by blood DNA but I could be wrong! I would think it would be the vets office?

They are so adorable!!! I had a 100% hatch with my geese eggs and I cant get anything else to hatch that good but geese eggs!
barnie.gif

Quote:
lol.png

I think it's by blood DNA but I could be wrong! I would think it would be the vets office?

They are so adorable!!! I had a 100% hatch with my geese eggs and I cant get anything else to hatch that good but geese eggs!
barnie.gif

I have 7 solid black Muscovies in there that should start pipping today or tomorrow...and the two buff goose eggs which were making noise last night but this morning, nothing.
hmm.png
Oh and I have 14 white call duck eggs in there as well...they are two different shipments.

Quote:

barnie.gif

I have 7 solid black Muscovies in there that should start pipping today or tomorrow...and the two buff goose eggs which were making noise last night but this morning, nothing.
hmm.png
Oh and I have 14 white call duck eggs in there as well...they are two different shipments.

Don't give up hope!
fl.gif
They might just be restin for a bit! Mine took almost 2 days before they fully hatched.
th.gif
Call ducklings are the CUTEST ducklings ever! Just wait till they get to be adults they will be louder than a train!
big_smile.png

They may simply be in a quiet phase but if you're concerned then hold the air cell end of the egg to your ear and listen for the rythmic clicking/faint tapping noise that co-incides with respiration.

Pete
wink.png

Quote:
hmm.png

Don't give up hope!
fl.gif
They might just be restin for a bit! Mine took almost 2 days before they fully hatched.
th.gif
Call ducklings are the CUTEST ducklings ever! Just wait till they get to be adults they will be louder than a train!
big_smile.png

They are both pipped!
yippiechickie.gif
I came home and started talking to them and they were both talking back!
smile.png
I see their little bills. I added a little more water & misted them--the humidity had dropped to 53%!

Quote:
hmm.png

Don't give up hope!
fl.gif
th.gif
big_smile.png

Oh and I know about the call ducks....
lol.png
Although DH doesn't (yet).
wink.png
I have to find someone to build me a call duck pen.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom