Pipping & now hatched, goslings! :) With pics!

That's it. I HAVE to put my house on the market and find somewhere with land because I absolutely HAVE to have more geese!! I've never even given geese a second look til we were given our two eggs, then someone pointed me at the BYC forum and now you're all posting pictures of more and more cute fluffy goslings! I want!!!
big_smile.png

BeckyBoo

Congratulations on your new goslings!
thumbsup.gif
If we had more room, we would probably have more than one breed of geese and dewlaps would be on that list.
smile.png

Congrats on the babies. Goslings are so much fun. We have both the brown and the white dewlap africans. Just got our first white baby out of the shell last night:

IMG00138.jpg

excuse the emden in there.... she's my foster mom to all the goslings I kick outside. Some pics of our adult whites:

100_1218.jpg

PICT0933.jpg

PICT0763.jpg

PICT0935.jpg

Quote:
x2
big_smile.png
I just hope they stay nice....the baby Buffs are SUPER friendly...come running to me...like to be petted, etc. The Africans are more reserved and standoffish, with the exception of one that I'm pretty sure is a male--he will put his head down (neck stretched) and walk towards me. I scoop him up and pet him.
lol.png
And he gets ticked!

Don't tame them,.. you want them to respect your space (especially the male). This will save you a headache later on.

Africans are big and powerful.

Okay--here are (lots) of updated pics!

Last month:

DSCN5307.jpg

Here they are with the Buffs:

DSCN5305.jpg

A few weeks ago:

DSCN5403.jpg

DSCN5399.jpg

Yesterday!

DSCN5454.jpg

DSCN5452.jpg

They do NOT like Butters! LOL

DSCN5441.jpg

DSCN5444.jpg

DSCN5447.jpg

DSCN5445.jpg

DSCN5446.jpg

DSCN5459.jpg

Not an African but a funny pic, nonetheless because she wouldn't leave me alone!

DSCN5455.jpg

Oh and in case you were wondering--the Sebbies don't like poor Butters, either.

DSCN5449.jpg

Back
Top Bottom