Pipping possible before lockdown staggered hatch

Aug 7, 2020
I finally got my incubator evened out with the humidity (thank you so much I'm eternally grateful).

The original I have is I think one of my chicks may arrive before lockdown. It looks closer to 15 days old and the others are 12-14.

I set 8 and four of them are left. I don't want to have to cull if this one pips early. They've been through a lot getting to where they are now.

I finally got my incubator evened out with the humidity (thank you so much I'm eternally grateful).

The original I have is I think one of my chicks may arrive before lockdown. It looks closer to 15 days old and the others are 12-14.

I set 8 and four of them are left. I don't want to have to cull if this one pips early. They've been through a lot getting to where they are now.
I hatch ducklings and have hardly got any ti hatch on the book day of 28
I have had days 24-30 throughout my incubating
All very healthy and some over a year old now
I also don’t do lockdown day 25
I go by the egg
Rocking , shadowing of pushing against the air cell and the air cell dropping fast on one side
That’s when I do lockdown
If the one looks further ahead just watch it and maybe start it’s lockdown of not Turning it but keep humidity lower until you see the internal pip
I have high hatch rates of 90-100 % doing it this way

I hatch ducklings and have hardly got any ti hatch on the book day of 28
I have had days 24-30 throughout my incubating
All very healthy and some over a year old now
I also don’t do lockdown day 25
I go by the egg
Rocking , shadowing of pushing against the air cell and the air cell dropping fast on one side
That’s when I do lockdown
If the one looks further ahead just watch it and maybe start it’s lockdown of not Turning it but keep humidity lower until you see the internal pip
I have high hatch rates of 90-100 % doing it this way
These are bantam chickens. I ended up locking down left night on day 15 because I've got movement. I'm crossing my fingers for a good hatch. 🤞🏼

Back
Top Bottom