Pipping Question about Membrane

What day are you on and how many eggs do you have in the bator for the most part this is not a problem my last 2 on the last hatch day23 early were very dry and only piped with small zipping. All others were out so i remove the shell away form the beak area and sprayed a little water in around the shell (mist) i was sure they would not make it anyway at this point one poped out when i layed the egg back in hatching tray the other a short time after and both did great. But dont help unless you have to and it is late in the hatch.

It is pretty early in the hatch. The second egg pipped a little while ago. The hole has gotten a little larger,about 2 eraser tips worth, but going up and down, not sideways. It doesn't look like much of a zip yet.

Sounds like you are doing OK with humidity. That membrane is thicker than you would think . . . amazing the chicks make it out, LOL! Just sit tight, and you should see chick soon. Nature will likely take care of things.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

Ok sounds like every thing is fine just wait it out and that is the hard part.
thumbsup.gif
the chicks should go all the way around inside the egg makeing an almost perfect cut then just push out. But not all chicks got the memo on this and some just rip down the side and pop out. Mine cant seam to count days one will pop out on day 19 or 20 and cant figure out why its alone in the world
idunno.gif
Good luck keep us posted

Just sit on your hands and dont open bator. The chicks will pip and take up to 24 hours to start zipping. They rest and absorb the yolk and blood during this time. I have had hatches where the first to pip was the last to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom