Pippin's Random Ramblings!!! 🐣😜

Pics
How do you feed Shelly? Can she sat on her own? Also, she is stunning.
She eats crumbles all on her own! She is actually larger than her sister who is the same age! She lives with the polishes because they eat crumbles anyway (because they are wimpy eaters and one of them is crossbeaked too). Thank you!❤️ Kevin also lives with them!🙈
60F97F7B-DBED-425E-A3E6-9126A1FB8935.jpeg

She eats crumbles all on her own! She is actually larger than her sister who is the same age! She lives with the polishes because they eat crumbles anyway (because they are wimpy eaters and one of them is crossbeaked too). Thank you!❤️ Kevin also lives with them!🙈View attachment 2876017
Do you think polish chickens are a good breed? Like heat and cold tolerant? Obviously looks are 1000% cute, but are they hardy?

Do you think polish chickens are a good breed? Like heat and cold tolerant? Obviously looks are 1000% cute, but are they hardy?
They survived 115 degrees without me doing anything special for them, and they seem to be liking the cold weather too (even though they are all molting🤪)! I have heard that they are a bit more fragile, but I haven’t really had any problems other than my Baby Margo not being healthy, but I think she had her own problem. They are higher maintenance, and they can’t free-range (I don’t free-range any of my birds). Hair may need to be trimmed or put up, but it depends. Mine eat crumbles because they can’t eat pellets. I love them, but they aren’t for everybody!😉

They survived 115 degrees without me doing anything special for them, and they seem to be liking the cold weather too (even though they are all molting🤪)! I have heard that they are a bit more fragile, but I haven’t really had any problems other than my Baby Margo not being healthy, but I think she had her own problem. They are higher maintenance, and they can’t free-range (I don’t free-range any of my birds). Hair may need to be trimmed or put up, but it depends. Mine eat crumbles because they can’t eat pellets. I love them, but they aren’t for everybody!😉
Mine are in a safe, predator proof run, and free range for an hour a day supervised. I love their head poofs!

How many do you have? I have 8 polish pullets (one with crossbeak) and 2 crossbeak girls in with them. They are my favorite! :love
I don’t have any polish, but might get some in the spring. I had 6 girls, until last week one of them passed at the vets from cancer. We will be getting her back, in the form of another chick. I just have a feeling. And one chick cant be alone, so we are deciding on a 2 other chicks to go with her.

I don’t have any polish, but might get some in the spring. I had 6 girls, until last week one of them passed at the vets from cancer. We will be getting her back, in the form of another chick. I just have a feeling. And one chick cant be alone, so we are deciding on a 2 other chicks to go with her.
Oh okay!🤣 Would you be separating them from the non crested chickens? I had to due to bullying.😉

Oh okay!🤣 Would you be separating them from the non crested chickens? I had to due to bullying.😉
I’m not sure. I’m still looking for a great breed. I love all chickens, so it will be hard. I have rhode island reds, australorps and Easter Eggers, so I don’t know if polishes are a good fit. Their head floof is making it so hard…

Back
Top Bottom