pips and zip and LOTS of pics... Lockdown.......Hatch date 8/28

Sorry to hear about those eggs, Muddi...but still holding out hope for some late hatchers
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Bananas, how is Loretta this morning? I'd love to see a pic of her fluffy and walking around.
big_smile.png
Has the other one made it out yet?

Laree, your babies are adorable
love.gif
love.gif
I have a little black sizzle, he's in my avatar but that's an old pic of him...I need to resize one of my other pics of him and update it.

The kids and I went out to check on Sammie and her babies...and the Silkie eggs hatched overnight!!!! I saw a tiny little black head (White Silkie x Black Sizzle) peeking out of Mommy's fluff, but I haven't seen the other baby yet. And I didn't get a pic...it's a little chilly out this morning and the baby went back under quickly. I hope to get more good pics when it warms up out there.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

YAY!!!! My lone chick made it out! FINALLY!!! He had to have a litle help but he's doing really well. wobbling all over the bater. I'll post a pic of him when he's all dried and walking better.

Yay vkp!!!!! I hope the little one won't be lonely...do you have friends for him/her?

I saw a tiny black silkie this morning, who hatched overnight, but now I haven't seen it all day...I'm afraid it's missing...I don't want to even think of the possibilities.
sad.png
I have seen the 4th baby though...adorable little silkie...hard to explain the color...it's splotchy yellow and gray???

I have been such a worry-wart over these eggs and babies...it's totally unlike me.
hmm.png
My tummy is tied all in knots.

Sadly I have no friends for him. He's all by him lonesome.
sad.png
he's the only one who made it through. I'm so proud of him though. He's doing great. Pretty active for a chick who had to have help. He got too big for his shell and couldn't move to hatch. I gave him a tiny bit of help and got his head out then he went crazy trying to wiggle out the rest of the way so I left him to do the rest.

Quote:
Hi Muddi, I have had one chick hatch yesterday which was a day late and that left two eggs which I thought nothing was going to happen with and in the early hours of this morning one pipped and now it is already born and it is the liveliest chick I have ever seen ( not that I have seen many ) You would think being so late it would be doubtful of surviving but it "stumble races" from one end of the incubator to the other.The one born yesterday I helped and it was sluggish for awhile so that was another reason I thought this one would be weak if it survived but I was dead wrong.If it hadn't been for others on the forum encouraging folks to wait until day 25 I would have opened the last two eggs by now ( today is day 23 and I was going to decide today what I would do about the last two eggs ) and I would have been very upset if I had killed one. So I am writing to you to encourage you to hang on till you know for sure there is no life and to go for your next try with high hopes and great anticipation.

Quote:
Hi vkp23, It is lovely you have a dear wee chick and maybe it will be a she !
smile.png
The one I helped was sluggish for awhile so yours did great
smile.png
All the best.

Quote:
Hi TXmom, I hope your beautiful little black silkie is safe ! and that your other babies continue to do well.

Quote:
Hi cluck-addict, I have pictures but I have to learn how to get them to this forum.I think there is an article here somewhere that tells you how so when I get time I will try and find it and see if I can learn how. Thanks for the opportunity to join your hatch group, it has been a real learning experience and the advise people post has been very helpful. All the best.

Back
Top Bottom