Pitbulls? Don't want to have an incorrect understanding of the breed

Pics
I agree. I did point out in my post that there is a breed called a pit bull terrier. However other bully breeds and their mixes are often referred to under the term “Pit Bull” Even shelters and rescues do this. I’m not saying it’s a good thing but it is what it is. Unless someone specifically says American Pit Bull Terrier than this are likely talking about a mix. I’d be happy if this is changed. I’m sick of my Boxers being called pits when they are an entirely different breed.

My dog was listed as an American pit bull terrier on the rescue. he is not.

And very rare breed dogs do turn up in shelters! Our neighbor has a Russian Sheepdog, from a shelter. Rare, and a good thing, but their dog is very well managed, fortunately.
Mary

Sometimes they do, but there is not "thousands" of them... all those pit bulls are mutts. Which is FINE but they are not pit bulls and calling them that is spreading SO much misinformation.

My take is that there is no umbrella term. Its the "American pit bull terrier". That rescue "pit bulls" are usually not even pit bulls at all, instead "bully breed mixes'. Its not all in how you raise them, as the APBT does have severe animal aggression and thats genetic. Just like how collies herd and pointers point. The APBT is a rare breed, not a dog you go to shelter and pick up, like a labrador or a chihuahua. They are RARE!. You aren't going to find a Yakutian Laika at a shelter, and you wont find an APBT there either.
Agreed, it's like calling an Easter Egger an americauna. Some people just dont want to know that.
We have a American Stefforshirre terriër (9) and a bully mix(6). I think it is about astablishing a pack order, and my husband and I are boss. You really have to know body language, with all animals.
20201113_103754.jpg

20201113_103428.jpg

No.. that would be "bully breed mix" not "pit bull"
I agree However they are rarely properly labeled. Mislabeling is more common than correct labeling. This is do to misconception. And often Pitbull rights activists. There’s a very popular show called Pitbulls and Parolees. Almost none of the dogs on that show are true Pitbulls. This is my last post on the subject because I’m not getting banned for fighting.

Agreed, it's like calling an Easter Egger an americauna. Some people just dont want to know that.
We have a American Stefforshirre terriër (9) and a bully mix(6). I think it is about astablishing a pack order, and my husband and I are boss. You really have to know body language, with all animals.View attachment 2631250
View attachment 2631252

YES!! Its like calling them Americanas when they are actually EE's, but saying the Americana and the ameraucana are the same thing . The Americana is the mutt and the ameraucana is the pure bred and the names are not interchangeable.

I love the seal dog at the bottom. very pretty & in good shape.

Last edited:
I agree However they are rarely properly labeled. Mislabeling is more common than correct labeling. This is do to misconception. And often Pitbull rights activists. There’s a very popular show called Pitbulls and Parolees. Almost none of the dogs on that show are true Pitbulls. This is my last post on the subject because I’m not getting banned for fighting.

Its not fighting if I'm telling you the facts and you are ignoring me. The Pit bull is short for American pit bull terrier and thats the end of it. Any shelter pit or pit mix is probably a mutt and by calling them pit bulls you are mislebeling the dog and getting more dogs killed. Even the shelters that advocate for the so called pit bulls are just killing dogs. They call every dog with a blocky head a pit bull, then whine about how everybody thinks pit bulls are awful, when in reality if they just said they had BULLY BREED MIXES (which is what they are), people would be like oh yeah the neighbors shelter mutt attacked somebody, not the neighbors pit bull attacked somebody.

You will most likely find my 5 yr old Staffordshire Terrier mix sleeping at any time of the day. If she happens to join the family for some outside activities, she can put a serious hurting on a any stick that lands in her yard!

Attachments

• 20191228_092549.jpg
    20191228_092549.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 20190517_163124.jpg
    20190517_163124.jpg
    407 KB · Views: 1
  • 20190517_172304.jpg
    20190517_172304.jpg
    309.5 KB · Views: 1
YES!! Its like calling them Americanas when they are actually EE's, but saying the Americana and the ameraucana. The Americana is the mutt and the ameraucana is the pure bred and the names are not interchangeable.

I love the seal dog at the bottom. very pretty & in good shape.
Thank you, that's Luka she's my pleasing dog really learned body language becouse of her. She gives away so many tiny signals on evrything, and she will listen to such tiny signals. I love to train and play with her.
Screenshot_20190626-213739_WhatsApp.jpg

Back
Top Bottom