Place to buy chicks in Rainier Oregon?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by OutdoorGirl, Jun 9, 2009.

1. OutdoorGirl

OutdoorGirl Hatching

Jun 9, 2009
    Rainier, Oregon
    Hi everyone! I am brand new to this so I hope I'm posting in the right spot! I live in Rainier Oregon and wondered if anyone knows of a place to buy baby chicks near buy? I went to the post office once and saw a lady who ordered chick through the mail. I have to tell you, I felt very sorry for the chicks, half of them were dead... it was a very cold day when she picked them up. I know, I sound like a total newbie and better get used to the fact that things happen! But for now, I would like to find a place near by so I could go pick them up myself. Any ideas? (I did read the post on hatcheries, and found one in Oregon... but they would still have to mail them.) Thanks!!

2. pattypenny

pattypenny Songster

Sep 27, 2007
    I did a search on line and found this one...
    http://lazy54farm.com/
    being a long way from Oregon I don't know much about your area but I also saw some hatcheries in the state of Washington.
    If the hatchery is near enough to get the chicks in 2 days the chicks should be fine when they get to you.
    I order from cackle hatchery and get my chicks in 2 days and they are fine.

3. Bil

Bil Songster

May 8, 2008
    Cottage Grove, OR
    How many are you looking for?

There is a Chicken Swap going on this weekend in Salem, maybe there is something there you would like?

Oregon Chicken Swap

I am picking up 3 chicks there. I know there is someone from Kelso thinking of coming down, I'm from Cottage Grove, others from Bend, Eugene, Corvallis, Portland, etc.

I tried to order from Lazy54 this year. After waiting for almost 4 months to hear from them I gave up and just got some from the local feed store and then built an incubator and hatched the rest.

Good luck in your search!

Oh, and [​IMG]

Bil

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: