Placed an order on Cackle hatchery but I'm concerned...

I ordered from Cackle last year and had a very good experience. EE's, Cochin, Light Brahma, Speckled Sussex, all were healthy and arrived on time, with an extra chick for each breed I ordered (though I do think those extras were roosters, at least in the straight run breeds). I wouldn't worry too much. They grew up to be beautiful adults.

I ordered from Cackle last year and had a very good experience. EE's, Cochin, Light Brahma, Speckled Sussex, all were healthy and arrived on time, with an extra chick for each breed I ordered (though I do think those extras were roosters, at least in the straight run breeds). I wouldn't worry too much. They grew up to be beautiful adults.
Thank you for your reply! How long did it take for your birds to ship after you placed the order and got the invoice?

It gives the expected shipping date in the top left section of the invoice. It’s most likely the date you chose when you ordered. Did you get a confirmation letter from them? You should have received that right away, and the letter with the invoice comes later. If you didn’t get a confirmation letter with your order number on it, then I’d call them tomorrow morning and ask about it.

Thank you for your reply! How long did it take for your birds to ship after you placed the order and got the invoice?
I don't really remember exactly, since it has been over a year now, but they gave me a shipping date and were true to it. I remember ordering at the end of January and the chicks arriving around the 26th of February to the best of my recall. I'm in California and can't order out of state due to the bird quarantine, now. I really liked the EE's I got from Cackle, I think many or all of them were off colors from there Ameraucana breedings, but I really liked them. Some were blue, some were a beautiful light golden color, others were buff/blue. It was warm at the end of January where I live, but got quite cold by the time my order arrived in late February and I raised my chicks in the house through April. They sent me some barred Cochin in my Cochin mix and a Splash rooster which you can see in my avatar. He might be 10 weeks or so in that pic, not sure.
upload_2019-5-8_6-0-24.jpeg
Here is a pic of one of the golden EE hen, a Silver laced Cochin in the background, and part of a speckled sussex hen.

It gives the expected shipping date in the top left section of the invoice. It’s most likely the date you chose when you ordered. Did you get a confirmation letter from them? You should have received that right away, and the letter with the invoice comes later. If you didn’t get a confirmation letter with your order number on it, then I’d call them tomorrow morning and ask about it.
I don't really remember exactly, since it has been over a year now, but they gave me a shipping date and were true to it. I remember ordering at the end of January and the chicks arriving around the 26th of February to the best of my recall. I'm in California and can't order out of state due to the bird quarantine, now. I really liked the EE's I got from Cackle, I think many or all of them were off colors from there Ameraucana breedings, but I really liked them. Some were blue, some were a beautiful light golden color, others were buff/blue. It was warm at the end of January where I live, but got quite cold by the time my order arrived in late February and I raised my chicks in the house through April. They sent me some barred Cochin in my Cochin mix and a Splash rooster which you can see in my avatar. He might be 10 weeks or so in that pic, not sure.View attachment 1767807 Here is a pic of one of the golden EE hen, a Silver laced Cochin in the background, and part of a speckled sussex hen.
Thank you for your replies! I got the invoice and they'll be shipped on May 20th

I got my shipping notice and tracking number today. The babies should arrive Friday. Too, too bad that it’s still friggin WINTER. All the same, I’m looking forward to picking them up.

I got my shipping notice and tracking number today. The babies should arrive Friday. Too, too bad that it’s still friggin WINTER. All the same, I’m looking forward to picking them up.
Did you get the tracking number on your invoice because I didn't see one on mine.

Back
Top Bottom