Placing cage wheels in water didn't deter mice from climbing.šŸ˜ 

In looking for a ā€œhumaneā€ method of dealing with your mouse problem, youā€™ve not only been ā€œfoiledā€ by the fact that mice can swim and jump but death by drowning is one of the least humane methods of dealing with a ā€œpest/predatorā€ problem.....(same for freezing and suffocation). Get some traps and/or pet proof poison holders.

OP lives in NYC, so releasing them would definitely be inflicting the problem on someone else.
This op is set on buying humane traps to catch the mice and release them in their basement where the super lives, and is unwilling to kill. They made another thread on it. No traps or suggestions are going to help if they are just giving them a treat and putting them in the basement. The set of criteria given have no solution. I assume the super will eventually contact someone or buy a bunch of dangerous inhumane poison and will kill the mice in very painful ways. In the meantime their birds are also getting over run with mice.

This op is set on buying humane traps to catch the mice and release them in their basement where the super lives, and is unwilling to kill. They made another thread on it. No traps or suggestions are going to help if they are just giving them a treat and putting them in the basement. The set of criteria given have no solution. I assume the super will eventually contact someone or buy a bunch of dangerous inhumane poison and will kill the mice in very painful ways. In the meantime their birds are also getting over run with mice.
I saw the other thread. I was trying to be diplomatic.

I was diplomatic until they insisted on releasing them in the basement and then suggested someone was doing drugs because they couldnā€™t understand why someone would choose to catch mice and release them in their home. Having lived in an infested building it makes me so mad to think that someone might be intentionally exposing others to mice. A child was bitten in my building and got sick and there was a huge lawsuit. We got out, but not everyone has that option and children donā€™t deserve to have vermin coddled and dumped at their door.

Also, hopefully itā€™ll keep people from wasting their time typing out suggestions, which have already been shot down in the other thread.

To the op:
For the record, putting furniture legs in water is for bed bugs, not mice/rats/roaches. Bed bugs canā€™t swim, the rest can.

You keep wanting to be humane to the mice and rats. I'm guessing you must be new to dealing with them. They are relentless. They will destroy your property and coop, and can give you diseases. You can't worry about being nice to them. It's you or them. War. The longer you wait, the more they will multiply, and the more rodents you will need to kill. The most humane thing to do is to kill as few as possible, and that means kill them now before they multiply even further. You won't like that option, but I'm sorry, it's the only one.
I AM going to get rid of them just not in such barbaric ways. What people seem to not want to understand is that these creatures just like u and I have the ability of feeling pain and agony. Ergo, if there's a kinder way to get rid of them without bashing their heads in or using glue traps to give them a slow, torturous death then that's what I prefer.

I'll tell u what this op wants...Some good advice from people who actually know what they're talking about. Unfortunately, u always have one or two derelicts who get on here looking to entertain their pea-sized brains. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‰

I AM going to get rid of them just not in such barbaric ways. What people seem to not want to understand is that these creatures just like u and I have the ability of feeling pain and agony. Ergo, if there's a kinder way to get rid of them without bashing their heads in or using glue traps to give them a slow, torturous death then that's what I prefer.
They do. However, they also, like people have said, get inside of a building and multiply. They are hard to remove. They can go after food, chew up your bedding, etc., and even bite people, spreading germs and disease. Any mouse-chewed food shouldn't be eaten by people, and if you've seen mice in your bedding, then that bedding should be washed immediately, costing you time and money.
It's unpleasant to kill them, yes, but death by snap trap and neck breaking is much faster and far more humane than any other way of exterminating them. It also doesn't give them time to be scared -- just one snap, and they're gone.
I'm not sure if there is a way to get them out without killing them -- I don't know if there are any animal removal services that try that, and I doubt that there are any home remedies in that vein of thinking. They'll just come back or move on to somebody else's home.

Back
Top Bottom