Planning for the future in Fort Collins, Colorado

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by my57facets, Dec 19, 2013.

1. my57facets

my57facets Out Of The Brooder

Dec 19, 2013
    Hello everyone,

I'm new here and don't have anything yet as I live in an apartment. But a few friends and I are talking about going off the grid and are discussing the methods. I repinned a post about your coops on pinterest & that's what led me here. Right now I'm looking to talk to people & learn as much as I can.

Thanks, Cheryl ~

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hi, Cheryl, study the forums, ask questions, plan, and you will be successful when you start your flock - welcome to BYC.

3. my57facets

Dec 19, 2013
    Thank you for the welcome and the advice. I'm already doing just that. lol Haven't even done anything with my profile yet. Just reading & navigating my way around here.

4. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Easy enough just reed the different forums and look at
    everything you can ....... Going off the grid if you have
    never lived like that before oh boy is it fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gander007

5. my57facets

Dec 19, 2013
    Thanks. Yes I've read quite a few articles from people who did it and the problems they experienced.

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

7. PolkaDot77

PolkaDot77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2012
    Boise, ID
    Welcome from Idaho! I also live in an apartment but was able to talk with my landlord and work out a solution that works for us both regarding keeping chickens. It's such a joy to have them, and my landlord gets some fresh eggs when he stops by, too! You might talk to your landlord/ property manager and see if you could work something out. Good luck! :)

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    You may want to connect with people from your future locale. Go to "where am I, where are you," in the social forum to locate and post on the Colorado thread. You may find others living off the grid there that can really fill you in on everything you need to know.

9. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    Welcome to BYC! I highly recommend reading thru the Learning Center, everything you need to know is there :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by