Planning for the future in Fort Collins, Colorado

my57facets

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 19, 2013
Hello everyone,

I'm new here and don't have anything yet as I live in an apartment. But a few friends and I are talking about going off the grid and are discussing the methods. I repinned a post about your coops on pinterest & that's what led me here. Right now I'm looking to talk to people & learn as much as I can.

Thanks, Cheryl ~

Hi, Cheryl, study the forums, ask questions, plan, and you will be successful when you start your flock - welcome to BYC.

Thank you for the welcome and the advice. I'm already doing just that. lol Haven't even done anything with my profile yet. Just reading & navigating my way around here.

Thanks. Yes I've read quite a few articles from people who did it and the problems they experienced.

Welcome from Idaho! I also live in an apartment but was able to talk with my landlord and work out a solution that works for us both regarding keeping chickens. It's such a joy to have them, and my landlord gets some fresh eggs when he stops by, too! You might talk to your landlord/ property manager and see if you could work something out. Good luck! :)

You may want to connect with people from your future locale. Go to "where am I, where are you," in the social forum to locate and post on the Colorado thread. You may find others living off the grid there that can really fill you in on everything you need to know.

LL

Back
Top Bottom