Plans for portable PVC coops...

Frosty

Crowing
14 Years
Mar 30, 2008
ND
I don't know if this has been posted before, but I found plans for a nice looking PVC coop on eBay for $3. I ordered them, and while looking for parts on line, I found a site with the same plans for free. The only difference was that apparently the seller removed information saying who designed the plans, and sent a hard copy in the mail. Anyhow, there are plans for two coops, and can be found here http://www.pvcplans.com/pvc-pastured-poultry-pen.htm They also have some plans for other things there too...

Hello. Thank you for your post. I know it's been a couple years since you posted, but do you have an idea of how much it cost to build this and also how big is it?

Thank you.

The material list is there. Pricing it would involve matching the parts to your local hardware store--a time killer for sure. I too am curious about the estimated cost of one of these if anyone here has already built one.

I priced it all out (well most of it) at Menards.com. Because of all the pvc connectors (some pretty expensive) it was around $90 and I think that was even before I included the chicken wire.

I decided to stop pricing the rest because it was EXTEMELY way over my budget.

I think I'll go with a A-frame (a chicken ark) for my pen. I already have a coop and just want a moveable pen for my 5 hens.

Back
Top Bottom