Plans for portable PVC coops...

Frosty

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 30, 2008
ND
I don't know if this has been posted before, but I found plans for a nice looking PVC coop on eBay for $3. I ordered them, and while looking for parts on line, I found a site with the same plans for free. The only difference was that apparently the seller removed information saying who designed the plans, and sent a hard copy in the mail. Anyhow, there are plans for two coops, and can be found here http://www.pvcplans.com/pvc-pastured-poultry-pen.htm They also have some plans for other things there too...

jimmywalt

Songster
6 Years
Mar 24, 2013
Hello. Thank you for your post. I know it's been a couple years since you posted, but do you have an idea of how much it cost to build this and also how big is it?

Thank you.

1stMiracle

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 14, 2013
The material list is there. Pricing it would involve matching the parts to your local hardware store--a time killer for sure. I too am curious about the estimated cost of one of these if anyone here has already built one.

jimmywalt

Songster
6 Years
Mar 24, 2013
I priced it all out (well most of it) at Menards.com. Because of all the pvc connectors (some pretty expensive) it was around $90 and I think that was even before I included the chicken wire.

I decided to stop pricing the rest because it was EXTEMELY way over my budget.

I think I'll go with a A-frame (a chicken ark) for my pen. I already have a coop and just want a moveable pen for my 5 hens.

Top Bottom