Plastic playhouse

Wow! You're impressive! Your kids and Grandkids are so lucky to have you to teach them important life skills like this. Too many folks don't consider knowledge and ability to use power tools/or any tools, for that matter, a life skill. I'm 40 (plus 1, hahaha :-/ ) and just started! My daughter is 8 and I'm going to make sure she learns along with me. Now if I can just learn how to cut my own wood at all the different lengths and angles, I'll be on a roll! I bet you are able to do all of it, and that's something to be very proud of
I tried to teach my boys, but they did not want to use power tools at the time. But my older son ended up as a carpenter's helper so he learned how to do some things. Younger son is not interested in much besides playing games or cards. But he does have a great wife and a lovely little girl.
I do have some terrific tools. I have a really big compound chop saw, a table saw, a belt sander, a compressor with a pneumatic nailer and I really love my impact driver that works on rechargeable batteries. And I have a 12x20 workshop with way too much stuff in it.

I converted a playhouse into a coop also. I added a floor, added hardware cloth to the windows and added some perches. We havent put in any nesting boxes yet because my chicks are only 7 weeks. We are actually considering extending it to make it a bit bigger. I've also covered those little opening where the walls connect with hardware cloth.

Oh, we also added a door because it came with a half door.

Attachments

• IMG_20200318_141925_357.jpg
    IMG_20200318_141925_357.jpg
    974.5 KB · Views: 15
I converted a playhouse into a coop also. I added a floor, added hardware cloth to the windows and added some perches. We havent put in any nesting boxes yet because my chicks are only 7 weeks. We are actually considering extending it to make it a bit bigger. I've also covered those little opening where the walls connect with hardware cloth.

Oh, we also added a door because it came with a half door.
Good job!

I'd like to try something like this. What kind of screws should i use to attach the wood to the plastic? This is all new to me.
Thanks
That’s what I was just going to ask! I just bought a used Step2 plastic playhouse that I want to convert. What kind of screws should I use? Or is it better to use bolts that go all the way through?

Back
Top Bottom