Play radio to keep hawks away?

jbkinor

In the Brooder
12 Years
Jun 15, 2007
Western Oregon
I read somewhere on here about playing a radio in your chicken area as a deterent for hawks because they don't like human voices. Does this work?

it depends on wat music you play
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png
lol.png

Well.....so far....yup, I would say it works. I have a radio in our coop...and so far, no hawk attacks. (knock on wood) Also, my grand dad told me many years ago....if you want those hens to lay better, put on some country music. Of course, I thought at the time......feeble old man.....well. Last year, my RIR decided they were "tired" of laying...and had almost quit completely. So, out goes the radio with country music. NOTHING else changed in there...ie diet, bedding....nothing...and guess what. My ladies started laying again, and out of 11 hens...we get 8 to 10 eggs a day! Not bad. Maybe in the evenings...when we THINK they are going to roost....they are haveing a little chicken dance party...to help "move the eggs down" LOL

if you play rap music you will be able to keep just about everything away including people i would guess...major problem would be the suicide rate in your chickens! Mind you i would also worry about that with country western music also LOL

Aran! Not country and western. It is just country! Country and Western would be Porter Wagoner. Country is George Strait! King George crooning will increase egg production!

wow im gonna try that! would it keep cats away? my chickens just roam around my yard and my freakin neighbor has 8 cats. they all come into my yard sometimes, my rooster used to keep em out but i had to give him away

Back
Top Bottom