Playing in the Garden (PIX)

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by rebbetzin, May 14, 2009.

1. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    Today I decided to let the chickens play in a part of the garden that is overgrown with Spring flowers. They had a great time!!

Here are some photos.

Spartacus loves to watch the chickens. He can sit for hours and just watch them.

[​IMG]

This is Olivia, I am thnking this photo needs a caption, but, my brain is overworked from Hebrew class tonight.

[​IMG]

This is Roxanne taking a dust bath. They all took turns using that spot today.

[​IMG]

Here are Roxanne, Rosalind and Olivia just having fun.

[​IMG]

And here are Rosalind and Olivia, I guess I didn't get a photo of Ophelia today!!

[[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  2. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    Aww! They look like they were having a great time! They sure are pretty!![​IMG]

3. Autumn Mama

Autumn Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2009
    British Columbia,
    I LOVE your chicken tractor!!! I've been thinking of building one with PVC *exactly* like this!!! Could you share the process and/or plans with me? I'd be so delighted if I could actually make it by myself (not a spacial thinker, lol). Oh, please, could you, would you???

We would like to extend the area that our flock uses too. Great pictures! [​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  4. whippet128

whippet128 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 31, 2009
    cool tractor dude

5. rebbetzin

rebbetzin Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2008
    Tucson AZ
    Quote:HMMMM, my husband built the PVC structures, I have two of them, one is more permanent, covered with metal chicken wire.. Originally, they were made to keep the dogs out of the raised bed gardens I have in the backyard.

Let me see if I can "reverse engineer" it for you. Next week I will take a few good photos of them, then put in the measurements. and count the number of angles etc.

If it were being made today, I would have him make it taller, so I wouldn't have to bend down to go through the door. But four feet tall, on the sides, fits nicely for rolls of chicken wire.

Last edited: May 16, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by