playing with nature

Granny Hatchet

Tastes like chicken
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Sep 26, 2013
madison Indiana
i love the polish but they are not that great of a chicken. so i thought i would try something else. i bought a buff roo polish but his color seems a little washed out to me and they wont sit their eggs so i picked the old time favorite, rir hens . better layers and they will sit. cold hardy all that jazz. i hear my first hatching right now in the bator. im too excited! BUT, it is yellow. does anyone have these ? a pic would be wonderful. thank u in advance

What is yellow? If the chick is yellow, I think you are fine. I keep a couple polish, but not buff, and I haven't bred them yet. (Mine are White Crested Blue) Buff chicks are yellow. Their lacing doesn't come out until later. Do not be worried if your chicks have a bump on their heads, because that is natural. Polish's scull has a bump on the top, where the crest grows. Here is a two week old Buff polish chick (Found on Bing)
twoweeks-polish2.jpg

Seems like buff orp x rir chicks hatch out yellow, so it would follow your birds do too. If I recall they turn out a shade in between, kinda orangey.

my chicks hatched 2 months ago. i only have 2 but the are adorable! they were yellow when born, now they are a orange/buff color with a small hairdo and a stray black feather . the combs are split in the roo and single in the hen. they have the full beard and green eyes. the roo has black legs and the hen is very light yellow. have i created a sex link or is this just a flux?

It's not a sex link, just a mix. I'll bet they're cute though!
they are!! i hope they keep the green eyes. it took me a long time to even figure out why their eyes almost looked more human, is what i told my husband and it didnt occur to me it was the color. all mine are black. lol

Back
Top Bottom