1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

*Plays Fanfare* I got my first egg!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Bawk2theFuture, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Bawk2theFuture

Bawk2theFuture Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2016
    Euclid, Ohio
    Went out this morning to let my girls out and threw them some scratch. Everybody was clucking and eating contently but where was Mrs. White? In her designated nest box, that's where ! I poked my head in to say hello and she kinda growled at me under her breath. So I turned on my heels and headed out. Then I remembered my silkies needed haircuts and went back in the run and saw that Mrs.White was out with everybody...looked in the nest and nestled in with my dummy eggs was a medium sized flesh toned perfect little warm egg! I hatched and raised all these chickens myself, built the coop and run from scratch, have been waiting since April for the full realization of my project. My labor (and a couple grand) have come to fruition today![​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ljc01

Ljc01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2016
    Nipomo, Ca
    :weee

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by