Pleae vote. what do you think should I

That is a really great set up you've built for your birds. Wonderful job. Now, if you were really addicted, like some of us are, you could build yourself a little "hatching hut" to house baters full of eggs and brooders of babies, complete with power and water. Then, you'd always have a ready excuse to build another coop, right?

My chickens would love that setup. Awesome! Anyone who can build coops that nice should just keep on building. besides we love watching a new coop in progress. Seeing Ky makes me homesick:hit

Oh, how I wish we had your problem...time, boredom, building skills, and lumber. Sigh. Of course, you could take a cross country tour, vising BYC families, building chicken coops along the way, spreading happiness. You'd be like Ty Pennington for chicken addicts. Just a thought. It could happen.
We are stuck in the never ending chicken coop build. I'll start posting photos soon and maybe now that DH is back from travel for work, it will inspire him.

Expand run instead in order to provide live greens year-round if possible. No way to beat that for overall health, and natural calcium. Make big enough to duplicat free-range if possible. Beware, tunnelers could get in to run if no protection there.

HenPen already beat me to it, but since I don't have a coop at all, perhaps you'd consider coming to my place to build. I will provide room and board, plus food and fishing if you're into fishing.
yippiechickie.gif

BTW, fantastic-looking coops and runs.
droolin.gif

Thank you guys so very much, I think I am going to build one more coop, it will be like 72"x72" and high enough for me to get in it
lol.png

This time I am going to take a picture of all the steps, just bare with me.
Plus I am not kidding, if any of you guys lives within 50 to 75 miles from my place feel free to ask for help I will come and help you building, and that's no joke.
I would love to tour the country and build coops, but I still have to work, so maybe when I retire that will be a very good project for me.
big_smile.png

God bless

Omran

My husband built my coop large enough for me to walk into (people size door) and clean and do chores. It is 12' x 24'. It is so large because the trusses he used were from an old cotton gin on our property. The width of the trusses was 24'.
I have a people door on either end, with a divider down the middle.

We use electric fence from Kencove for our run. It is movable and works very well. One of our bird dogs got loose about a week ago, decided to try to go through the electric fence. She did not make it. It knocked her back about 5 feet. I bet she doesn't do that again. (It didn't hurt her)

The only thing I would add to mine is an outside pantry to store feed, etc. in.

DonnaBelle

Come now. Do you really need a reason to build a new coop? If the lumber is there beckoning to you, then you should listen and build the coop.

Of course, we will all be here to watch and comment, so please be creative. Just think of all the chicks you'll be able to house in it when you're done. Because we all know, you can never have enough chickens.
big_smile.png

As I lack creativity and mechanical ability, I have to live vicariously through those of you who are capable of building your own coops.

Back
Top Bottom