Please close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Gemma turned away, blinking sadly as she tried to put her feelings into words. "What I mean," she said slowly, looking in Esther's direction. "Is that---well---horses sometimes just---disappear. One day I hear them, another day I don't, and I'm told that they are 'gone,' and won't come back. My first mommy disappeared, and then my little brother disappeared. None of them ever came back, and I haven't heard them since," she shook her head, comforted by the sound of Esther's breathing, of the thought that she was 'there,' and not 'gone.' "I just--I just don't want you to disappear, too."

Chance's eyes widened. "She better not go anywhere!" He cried, still laying next to Esther.

"She won't!" Gemma said, eyes round and slightly wet around the edges. "We won't let her, will we Chance? We won't let her disappear?"

Quote:

"What is it, mommy?" Gemma lifted her head. Something in Layla's tone alarmed her.

"Don't talk about those things... And I'll always be your only mommy, okay?" She said simply.

Quote:
Chance's eyes widened. "She better not go anywhere!" He cried, still laying next to Esther.

"She won't!" Gemma said, eyes round and slightly wet around the edges. "We won't let her, will we Chance? We won't let her disappear?"

"Right!" Chance cried, nuzzling his sister.

Quote:
Aspen watched her, waiting for her to cough it all up.

She spluttered and coughed more.

Aspen continued waiting, gently pressing on her stomach to let water out.

Quote:
( She is in the middle of a coughing fit! Sorry!)
Lila finally got it all out and sprawled on the bank, gasping for air.

Aspen cuddled her close, "It's okay..." She whispered.

Quote:
( She is in the middle of a coughing fit! Sorry!)
Lila finally got it all out and sprawled on the bank, gasping for air.

She continued gasping.

Quote:

She continued gasping.

Aspen let her gasp, and snuggled her muzzle into her mane.

Quote:
"What is it, mommy?" Gemma lifted her head. Something in Layla's tone alarmed her.

"Don't talk about those things... And I'll always be your only mommy, okay?" She said simply.

Seeing that she had upset her mother, Gemma rose to her feet and put her head over Layla's withers in a hug. "I'm sorry, mommy," she whispered, shutting her eyes tight against any tears. "I love you, mommy, and I know you won't disappear. Ever."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom