Please close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Layla sighed, "I will later Gemma. Time to go now, let's go swim." She said softly.

Gemma nodded nervously, listening to Chance. He was taking good care of Esther, and she didn't feel guilty about leaving them. "Bye, Esther, Chance, get better soon!" She began to trot towards the stream next to Layla, mind troubled not only by Esther's health, but by Layla's words. What did she mean, she would disappear later? Fearfully, Gemma shook her head. No, surely she wouldn't leave. She couldn't leave.

All the same, Gemma decided to stay extra close to Layla. Perhaps if she stayed near enough, Layla wouldn't disappear. Or, at least, she hoped.

"What's wrong, Gemma?" She asked, seeing her closer than usual.

Phoebe lay at the corner of her stall groggily as the foal began to kick at her slightly.

Quote:
Gemma nodded nervously, listening to Chance. He was taking good care of Esther, and she didn't feel guilty about leaving them. "Bye, Esther, Chance, get better soon!" She began to trot towards the stream next to Layla, mind troubled not only by Esther's health, but by Layla's words. What did she mean, she would disappear later? Fearfully, Gemma shook her head. No, surely she wouldn't leave. She couldn't leave.

All the same, Gemma decided to stay extra close to Layla. Perhaps if she stayed near enough, Layla wouldn't disappear. Or, at least, she hoped.

"Mommy, can you tell me something?" she began nervously, swishing her tail. "Why do horses disappear? Why do they just . . . vanish, and never come back?"

Quote:
Nope. Except the horses were freed.

Really? What happened?

Everyone was stressing out, so I just freed all of them.

Quote:

"Mommy, can you tell me something?" she began nervously, swishing her tail. "Why do horses disappear? Why do they just . . . vanish, and never come back?"

"They die, Gemma. When they get old, they die, and they don't come back." She said softly.

Quote:
Really? What happened?

Everyone was stressing out, so I just freed all of them.

Ah.

Quote:
"Dissapear?" Esther said confused, furrowing her eyebrows.

Gemma turned away, blinking sadly as she tried to put her feelings into words. "What I mean," she said slowly, looking in Esther's direction. "Is that---well---horses sometimes just---disappear. One day I hear them, another day I don't, and I'm told that they are 'gone,' and won't come back. My first mommy disappeared, and then my little brother disappeared. None of them ever came back, and I haven't heard them since," she shook her head, comforted by the sound of Esther's breathing, of the thought that she was 'there,' and not 'gone.' "I just--I just don't want you to disappear, too."

Esthers breathing became shaky as she thought this over. "I don't want to dissapear." She whispered, her voice trembling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom