Please delete this topic moderator. It is pointless now.

Quote:
Thanks! I'll take that into consideration
frow.gif

Edit: I found this: http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2755138#RatingsDetail Muchhh cheaper and its not... purple...
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
that hay seems like it would work, but think of this, for 96oz of that stuff you pay 17 bucks, the stuff i got is 56L(i know its off mesurment) it was 11, you go thru it pretty quick.

it will work, maybe not cost effective.

as far as the heat lamp, a basic lamp at home depot/lowes or any home improvement store will work, 120w bulb and a thermometer in the brooder, just keep it at 90 ish, if its to hot, raise the lamp higher.

I mean for the incubator
smile.png
but i think I'll just get a 25w-40w lamp instead.
Edit: I found a 60w lamp with a 40w bulb in it!
lol.png

Last edited:
I'm not sure that a 40W light bulb will give off enough heat for an incubator or to keep the chicks warm. Then again, the Chick-bator uses a 7 watt nightlight bulb.

I didn't notice it was the purple one in my link!
lol.png
It comes in regular gray/kraft (like a cross between newspaper and cardboard). And of course, designer colors to match the bright colored rat/guinea pig/gerbil habitats. Your chicks could be the chic-est chicks on the block.
big_smile.png

Quote:
lol
lau.gif
Thanks! Yeah, It looks good
smile.png
I forgot to mention I would have the incubator insulated with styrofoam and the bulb shining through a hole in the lid
idunno.gif

Edit: Plus there will be a heat pad under the brooder.

Last edited:
Quote:
you can put it in a bigger cardboard box, and stuff towels to fill the empty space(bigger box would be better, for more towels for insulation). as far as a "house" persay for them, i use a beer case flipped upside down with a hole cut in it
gig.gif
and they love it, i put it in the coop a few days ago and they already lay eggs inside of it.

Quote:
you can put it in a bigger cardboard box, and stuff towels to fill the empty space(bigger box would be better, for more towels for insulation). as far as a "house" persay for them, i use a beer case flipped upside down with a hole cut in it
gig.gif
and they love it, i put it in the coop a few days ago and they already lay eggs inside of it.

Thanks! Except I'm 12 so I don't drink beer...
tongue.png
And my parents don't get the 6-packs
tongue.png
Thanks for the suggestion though! I think I can use another small cardboard box
smile.png

I will test my set-up in about 1 week after I get back from sleepaway and a friend's country house! I'll update you guys when I get around to testing it <3

Back
Top Bottom