please don't make fun of me for this dumb question about egg germs

lol, what a relief to find this post!

I am a door knob washer!  Yes, I am and I am proud of it.  I wash doorknobs with a bleach 10:1 solution every couple days.  I also wash the toilet flusher, the fridge handles, the phones, computer mouses and water faucet handles.

I also have all of my closets arranged with things in bins, clear bins with labels, including my shoes.

I fold all my towels so that there are no "raw edges" showing.

My canned goods are kept by category (beans together, fruit together etc) and each category is in alphabetical order.

My underwear are all folded nicely.

I will take on a full grown bull, but am petrified of mice (to the point of becoming a babbling fool).

I have a computer program that give me a daily work list........I like to vacuum under furniture every 4 weeks, clean windows every 2 months, wipe down light switches weekly (horribly germy they are).  My program gives me a list of what is "due".  I love my housework program.

And most importantly, I think the term "OCD" is incorrect. It should be "CDO" so the letters will be in alphabetical order.

I like my clean house.  I like my organized closets and tidy shelves.  I like the sense of completion I get when my work list is done.  I LOVE the jealousy of the family and friends who see what my closets look like.

I do not like normal, and have no desire to be normal.  I am quite happy in my own tidy little world.

I do not want, nor do I need "help" nor "counseling", but I would be glad to go in and organize the counselors office for a small fee.

OP: just wash your doorknobs.  Its who you are, don't fight it and don't try to change it, just be you. I fought my OCD for awhile.  I wanted to be "normal". Geesh, normal is SOOO boring.  I was bored, frustrated and tense.  My clean house relaxes me, I sleep better, I laugh more.  I didn't need "fixing", I just needed acceptance........from myself.

Wash your doorknobs.  Sing a song while you do it, maybe even do a funky little dance while your at it. (hey, if people are gonna talk about you give them something good to talk about!)

I am not like this at all, but my canned goods are in categories. They're easier to find that way. And all my blouses have to be hung with the opening to the left when you look in your closet just because. But I heartily agree, be who you are. Normal is indeed quite boring. When we get wrapped up in trying to please others and fit into the "normal" category we drive ourselves crazy. I'm rather proud to be labeled "a bit nuts" or something similar. It makes those people I don't want to deal with leave me alone.

Well I'm not really trying to please others, but trying to ease my mind about things. I can literally feel my blood pressure rising and my chest tightening when I worry about these things so I'm trying to find ways to worry less. As far as my original question, dh often gathers eggs when I'm not home so it's not like I can run out and clean the doorknobs (4 of them-screen and regular door, inside and out) every time. What I want to do is not worry about things that I don't *need* to worry about. I'd be perfectly happy being normal instead of the way I am now, which is anxious and depressed much of the time with stomach pains and chest pains from all the worrying.

Back
Top Bottom