Please, everyone post pictures of your shabby and chic coops here

Ma[ I love your design. I am gping to use your ideas on mine. Wondering jow many can you comfortably keep in this setup. Do you also let them range ??name="chicken umm" url="/t/823343/please-everyone-post-pictures-of-your-shabby-and-chic-coops-here/120#post_13812704"]This is our coop and run we just finished today( except rope for pop door and flooring for the coop). It is almost all free materials that were given to us or that I had for some time. The coop is 4'x 5' and the run is 4'x15'. We plan on getting 5 or 6 laying hens. [/quote]Man

I live in michigan and work on a machining/industry shop street, the best thing and the cheapest way I found to make a coop is prebuilt items, pallets! Not any pallets tho. Stripping and rebuilding with pallets is just a lot of work and time. Now the right pallet will do the job like this one I picked up for free from the shop down the street that brings in merchandise and is shipped to them In a framed pallet. 40$ on wire and a little hard work but other then that... Boom done. Keep in mind this is for 6 bantams and is only a home till adult hood and then it is expanded but can be totally accounted into a new bigger coop
if interested I can send more pics of it during the day, this was a spontaneous post :)

Last edited:
I might add that the pallet was 3 feet high, 10ft long and 4ft wide, pretty awesome for free and trust me there is a crap ton around:)

TXchickmum (Post #5): It's been two years since you posted these pictures of your chicken coop made from a garden shed, but I am commenting just in case you will still see how helpful and inspiring your photos are even now. I have been looking at garden sheds and wondering how to use the sometimes large front doors on them to access and work inside without chickens spilling out everywhere, and here you've got the perfect solution with your new interior set-back wall and door, creating a "foyer" of sorts where storage and all kinds of things can be set up. This is as pleasing to the eye as it is practical and I am so happy to have found your photos!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom