Please give me some ideas on how to catch'em

I have a fishing net to catch my poultry when they don't want to be caught.

Since you are thinking of catching wild ones I would find their favorite hang out and then give lots of treats and grab with net and have a dog crate to house them for transport
cool.png
Best of luck. I know my birds when they don't want to get caught they are tricky!

Too complicated. great instructions though. I found out that most people are having problems with it. I might try his basic idea by modifying one of my potato guns without having to tote an air tank with you ,Thanks again though
big_smile.png
THat talon gun cost 1600 so I aint buying that one. Im wanting 1oo dollars or lower.

Last edited:
Quote:
HOLY CRAP what was THAT?! That did NOT look fun for those birds! Of course the alternative, getting shot by hunters, is worse but that thing was just
ep.gif

wow wow wow... that is a ridiculus bash against hunters! if WE didnt HUNT you should know that the world would be chaotic!! with all of these animals in this world, the pop. would go up and up spreading disease and harming nature in the first place. Hunting IS GOOD!

How is that a bash against hunters? I'm talking about the experience of getting netted in that crazy thing for the ducks - it doesn't look very enjoyable - versus the experience of getting shot. Regardless of the benefits or intent of either option, I'm pretty sure the ducks will dislike both!

Quote:
Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb here as the bad guy...am I the ONLY one that has a problem with catching WILD ducks and making them live in captivity?? Unless of course, you are talking about rehoming them to an open area with their own pond...though they'd likely head straight back for "home"...???

I get you all don't want them shot, but it's called population control...I'd say that'd be a better fate than taking an animal that was born in and has lived in the wild it's whole life and suddenly making it a captive somewhere...

Quote:
Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb here as the bad guy...am I the ONLY one that has a problem with catching WILD ducks and making them live in captivity?? Unless of course, you are talking about rehoming them to an open area with their own pond...though they'd likely head straight back for "home"...???

I get you all don't want them shot, but it's called population control...I'd say that'd be a better fate than taking an animal that was born in and has lived in the wild it's whole life and suddenly making it a captive somewhere...

These are non-native ducks....they don't belong here....they either get wiped out by the Florida Authorities or live in captivity....pretty simple choice...

Quote:

These are non-native ducks....they don't belong here....they either get wiped out by the Florida Authorities or live in captivity....pretty simple choice...

Yes, I get that they are non-native, but still wild born...given a choice (and human emotion), most wild animals would likely rather die than live in captivity...

IMO, it's not any different than taking a fawn out of the wild, where it is meant to live or die, and raising it in captivity...

Last edited:
As much as I hate to say it cloverleaf what you say is wrong on every level. We would have messed up ecosystems all over this planet. What part of not being wild dont you understand? Plus NO laws whatsoever are being broken. But Oh yeah BTW We wouldnt have chickens or any other animals for that matter if man had not domesticated "wild things"

Last edited:
All wild animals want is a good food source and the ability to breed. Beyond that.... well we are just projecting human emotion on the animals. "Captivity" for my ducks includes a large run, forage area, 2 ponds, ready access to food, etc...

Heck, we accidentally left the yard gate open and came home to all the ducks napping under the picnic table. I don't think I could get them to run away if I wanted them to!
gig.gif

So catching moscovies that would otherwise be killed, I have no problem with that. I also have no problem with them being shot and eaten. If the state kills them, they will just toss the bodies. A total waste.

Back
Top Bottom