Please help — Circulation / Respiratory?

erineliot

Chirping
Jul 10, 2022
I have an indoor/outdoor cockerel about 20-22 weeks old (guesstimate). He’s lively and very active. Last night, the back of his comb and the very tips of the top of the last few little spikes looked slightly purple and almost… deadening. I gave him water in case he was dehydrated and since I hadn’t seen him drink much that day, but he wasn’t interested. It mostly cleared up, but I can still see a slight difference from his typical, bright red, gorgeous comb. (I’ll send pictures when I get home.) Oh, and there was a 0% chance he or his comb were cold.

Then this morning, he took a dust bath (NOTE: I added DE, diatomaceous earth, to his dirt bin. I may have added too much.). He was very dusty. When he got out, he stretched his neck and crowed. Afterwards, still in the same outstretched position as if to crow again, he began this weird breathing through his mouth. It was very dry. It sounded so much like wheezing, yet different enough to not be sure. I tried to give him water, but he refused. The fight to refuse caused him to run away, and the dry, strained breathing stopped.

I don’t know if these two things are worrisome, or if they are even connected. But I don’t want to take any chances.

(NOTE: I’m away from him and home. I’ll add photos if possible when I get home. But the post is requiring I add a photo now, so I’ll add a recent one to show his age. But take note that this photo does NOT display any of the issues I’m referencing in this post. It does however show his beautiful face and comb! Haha. And I’ll also provide a link —
— to a short clip to demonstrate his undying level of cuteness!)

Attachments

• 346B07BF-B4C2-4581-984E-C8388767389D.jpeg
    346B07BF-B4C2-4581-984E-C8388767389D.jpeg
    396.4 KB · Views: 185

Back
Top Bottom