PLEASE HELP 🚨 VERY HURT

chix4lyfe

Chirping
Jul 10, 2020
PLEASE HELP ME! My roosters got in a fight and one is very hurt!!! He lost a ton of blood and has a huge hole in his neck. Please help me
image.jpg

Stop the bleeding with a sterile gauze and pressure. Wash with a saline rinse. If you don’t have saline solution make it ( Boil 2 cups water, let cool slightly, then add 1 teaspoon of table salt. Wait until the water is cool...until u apply it) then keep them separate until the wounds heal. Also I recommend antibiotics in his water or food, just in case of secondary infections...that’s what u need to watch for.

Poor guy!
Looks like you've stopped the bleeding.
Did you spray the wound with any Vetericyn or cleanse it with a gentle disinfectant like hibiclens? If not, do that.
Keep him in a warm, softy lit location in a crate with an old towel, lots of water and a mash of his normal food with Poultry Nutri-drench or some other poultry vitamin and mineral supplement added to the mash. Also give him several drops of the V&M supplement to the side of his beak and let him swallow it.
How is he acting? He may be a little shell shocked from the fight.
He should recover if you give him time.
You obviously need to rehome one of the roosters. This happens an awful lot when people try to keep multiple roosters in certain living conditions.

Poor guy!
Looks like you've stopped the bleeding.
Did you spray the wound with any Vetericyn or cleanse it with a gentle disinfectant like hibiclens? If not, do that.
Keep him in a warm, softy lit location in a crate with an old towel, lots of water and a mash of his normal food with Poultry Nutri-drench or some other poultry vitamin and mineral supplement added to the mash. Also give him several drops of the V&M supplement to the side of his beak and let him swallow it.
How is he acting? He may be a little shell shocked from the fight.
He should recover if you give him time.
You obviously need to rehome one of the roosters. This happens an awful lot when people try to keep multiple roosters in certain living conditions.
Agreed.

Rub in neosporin all over his head and pack the hole with it too. He’ll be fine. They always look way worse than it actually is.

Back
Top Bottom