Please Help!! 5 week old chick suddenly lethargic.

Do you have veterinary care where they might give you sulfa antibiotics? Make sure that she is drinking well, and you might try some plain yogurt mixed with a little cooked egg. Buttermilk is also good if you have that. I would not recommend giving vinegar water to a chick with possible cocccidiosis. Keep her bedding dry and clean since the more coccidia organisms in her poop and the dirt she is exposed to can make her more sick.
We do have a vet but i am not sure about him providing with sulfa medications.
Should I remove their waterer and change it with simple fresh water?

Hard to tell, but the poop looks like it may have some blood in it. Can you watch for her to poop some more and smear it on a white paper towel or something like that to see if there's blood?
Do you provide grit (crushed granite/small rocks) for your chicks?

Her being fluffed up like that I would check her crop to see how that feels, but I would lean toward Coccidiosis being an issue.
You are in SE Asia, so what do you have available to treat Coccidiosis? Corid (Amprolium/Amprol), Coxoid, Toltrazuril or sulfa antibiotics are some common treatment options for Coccidiosis.
Can I give this medicine to both my adult flock (preventive) and my chicks (cure)? If so, then in which quantity and for how many days?

Attachments

• 20201027_100249.jpg
    20201027_100249.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 20201027_100258.jpg
    20201027_100258.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom