Please help, any tips on picking girls out of 6 week old strt run?

Missymac

Songster
8 Years
Mar 24, 2011
NY
I am going to pick up 5 chicks from a lady with buff orpington and BO mixes, EEs and EE mixes, and cochin and cochin mixes. Those are all the breeds she has.

I want cochins sooo badly, but the 2 I ordered died right after they were shipped
sad.png
Those are one of my fav breeds to just sit and watch. Of course I love my BO's too, and my EE's. Honestly, I would just look at them and pick out the ones that just capture your attention. Make sure they are active and scratching around and look healthy. Watch their combs and development so you don't get a bunch of roos.

They also had barred rocks and light brahmas there.

I picked up six chicks. All had no combor wattle development. Most of what they had left had a lot of comb/waddle development and those had red red red combs. I ended up with 2 black chicks with black legs and a little white on their bellys no barring, 3 light tan/brown chicks with black speckles and orange legs, and one white chick with tan tips and a few speckles here and there with a few feathers on it's legs. One of the browns also had slight leg feathering.

No pure cochins:( I think I am done collecting chickens unless of course I find a spash silkie:) or people who want to trade. I will get pictures up soon. I checked them all over for cleanliness and such. Now happy living seperately(from my others) for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom