Please help are my duck eggs going to hatch!

What color are the shells? My duck lays white eggs but then it starts getting pale gray splotches like bruises (blood under the shell) on the outside unfortunately the baby has most likely died. You can try to do a sniff test if it smells rotten its a bad egg but if you can't tell its best to just let the duck sit them.

The eggs might also be further along than you believe.
the bruising can also mean that they are trying to pip outside of the air cell and perhaps hit a blood vessel. It doesn't always mean deceased

What color are the shells? My duck lays white eggs but then it starts getting pale gray splotches like bruises (blood under the shell) on the outside unfortunately the baby has most likely died. You can try to do a sniff test if it smells rotten its a bad egg but if you can't tell its best to just let the duck sit them.

The eggs might also be further along than you believe.
The eggs are white And are khaki Campbell ducks according to the eBay ad. They don’t smell like rotten but yes they could be further along they are due to hatch this week!

the bruising can also mean that they are trying to pip outside of the air cell and perhaps hit a blood vessel. It doesn't always mean deceased
Maybe I wasn't clear if the egg has these bruises patchy all over its not looking too good. But she said they were only about 18 days in and still have about 10 to go. I would still recommend the sniff test and letting the duck sit them longer. Even when I get the patchy bruises sometimes I leave them under the duck for a few more days until it gets obvious and they stink.

Maybe I wasn't clear if the egg has these bruises patchy all over its not looking too good. But she said they were only about 18 days in and still have about 10 to go. I would still recommend the sniff test and letting the duck sit them longer. Even when I get the patchy bruises sometimes I leave them under the duck for a few more days until it gets obvious and they stink.
Thank will leave them and see if they start to smell thank you very much

Ok will try a flash light. Thank you for all the help
Of course!!! I would leave the eggs for a few days after hatch day even if they don't hatch, the last thing you want to do if Crack the egg and see a little chick still absorbing a yolk or blood vessels

Back
Top Bottom