Please help ASAP!

Were you saying to soak it in saline? or epson salt? I;m also wondering how ill keep it clean. Doesn't look like bandaid will work well. I have the stretchy stuff that sticks to itself but i don't know how to wrap it. Im still looking...

Were you saying to soak it in saline? or epson salt? I;m also wondering how ill keep it clean. Doesn't look like bandaid will work well. I have the stretchy stuff that sticks to itself but i don't know how to wrap it. Im still looking...
Sorry, got busy. Epsom salt water for the soak. If you can, I'd go to your nearest farm store (TSC, Rural King, etc.) and get Vetericyn or a CVS for Hibiclens or a pure saline wound wash. Make sure not to buy anything with pain relief in it. Yeah, bandaids won't work. If you go to CVS, make sure to grab some gauze pads and Neosporin without pain relievers. Put Neosporin all over and inside the wound, then put a gauze pad folded in half on top, then wrap with the wrap. Make sure not to wrap it too tight, but tight enough to hold the gauze in place and so that none of the gauze or wound is exposed.

I soak the feet in a warm epson salt bath for about 10 minutes. Then try to remove the scab and core with tweezers. You don't need the super sharp tweezers, regular ones will work. After the core is removed, there will likely be a hole in the bottom of the foot. Squirt the vetericyn, iodine, or similar antiseptic solution into the hole and let it dry. Then pack the hole with Neosporin or triple antibiotic that doesn't contain pain killer. After that, I place a small square of gauze over the hole and wrap the foot in a small piece of vet wrap.
This is the video I used to learn how to wrap the foot:
If it is dry, the wrap may last a day or 2 before it needs to be changed. Check the foot if it rains to make sure the gauze isn't getting wet. You don't want to leave the foot wrapped around wet gauze.
Also, remember to wear gloves or at least work very carefully when treating bumblefoot as it is a bacterial infection.
Hope your girl feels better soon.

Yay, I want to thank you guys for all your help. Yesterday I followed all your directions and my baby is recovering already. Thankfully I didn't have to quaratine her because it wasnt as big as I feared it was. Today she is digging through the dirt and walking around happy and healthy just like the others. I love my baby girls and I learned something new. I don't know what I'd do without this forum!!! Thank you!!! :wee:love:bow

Back
Top Bottom