PLEASE HELP ASAP

Brookiesflock

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 25, 2011
My little silkie hen was sitting on her eggs and was plucked right off by a stupid dog she was sitting for 6 days and never got off of them in till this happened, can I save the eggs?? I have no incubator I do have a heat lamp?? is it a loss, I'm soooo mad and sad she was a great little girl just to be taking right from her nest I really would like to save them just for her sake =(

How cold did they get? Did you catch it quick? Eggs do better with cold than heat - especially early on.

Put them under a heat lamp & go get an incubator. You may be able to save them if it was not too long.

it was only for a short time and it was a nice warm day so only about 4 to 5 hrs in temps about 65 outside maybe a bit warmer in the nesting box, I have them in the house under a heat lamp I will turn them Thur the night and get a proper set up tomorrow I hope they have on at Tractor Supply, will that be OK not to long with out mom, I'm so upset that this happened I'm determined to do everything to save her chicks, she was a wonderful hen =( dam people dont know how to close gates Rrrrrrrrr

x2

also you can post on CRAIGSLIST to see if anyone has an incubator or broody you can slip them into...

sorry about your hen :(

I have heard of people using an electric skillet as an incubator...if they go down to 100 degrees. Keep lid cracked for ventilation and keep a dish of water in for humidity.

you mean put the eggs in my bra and sleep with them?? because I will lol, no I would be to afraid I would brake them

I am sorry for your loss.
hugs.gif
I hope all works out for your babies.

Where are you located? If you are close I would either hatch them for you or loan you an incubator. I am in Winchester, KY. Martha

Back
Top Bottom