please help! assisted hatch,yolks not absorbed

silkieloverz123

Songster
7 Years
Oct 21, 2012
Washington
this chick was 4 days overdue. could hear him chirping but no rocking,no pip. i pipped the egg and he seemed very crammed so i assisted and he was big but didnt help at all.noticed the yolk wasnot absorbed so i returned him to the bator.is there still hope for him?

I have 5 healthy one month old chicks who looked like they were gonna die from unabsorbed yolks. Only one chick did die, but the others were okay. Granted they were only 2 days overdue, though. I had the temp down too low during incubation.

this chick was 4 days overdue. could hear him chirping but no rocking,no pip. i pipped the egg and he seemed very crammed so i assisted and he was big but didnt help at all.noticed the yolk wasnot absorbed so i returned him to the bator.is there still hope for him?

Is he still in the egg? I would put a wet paper towel underneath or around the egg to help keep the humidity high and prevent the unabsorbed yolk from drying out. Other than that, all you can do is wait, and yes, there is hope!

well he made it out of the egg himself and hes chirping loud enough but still laying around alot and dragging the cord. my real concern now is there seems to be alot of blood droplets

Back
Top Bottom