Please help, boy or girls?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Duck Mad, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Duck Mad

Duck Mad Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2011
    Rugby
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] One is suppose to be 15 weeks, the other 19 weeks .. (not sure which way round) Maybe one could be bearded type, the other beardless? I have not seen a comb on either of them... but still they look so different around the wattle area .... I thank you for and help in advanced (really hope they are females, i would hate to have to rehome either of my babies)

2. jlquick30

jlquick30 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2012
    East Texas
    You're right about the bearded/non-bearded, which has nothing to do with hen vs. roo. Just looking at these pics, it looks like the one on the left MIGHT be a roo -- but it's much easier to go off of temperament and the way they carry themselves. Roos will walk standing more upright than hens will and are usually a little more fiesty. If they were both roos, they would probably be having little "cock fights" by now - ours always do.

3. Duck Mad

Mar 13, 2011
    Rugby
    Thanks for you quick response hun.. Yeah, your thinking same as me about one looks like a Roo! they seem to get on great, I haven't noticed the stand up straight walking (they must be the most confusing birds ever haha) ... the all dark grey one is very cheeky, the other with gold bits is a little more of stand back ... the all grey makes sweet noises, the other I haven't heard much noise to tell if there is a different, only had the a couple of days...... I've already got attached, and hope i dont need to rehome either being a Roo :/

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I'm leaning towards both being pullets. The black one looks more like a cockerel than the one with gold on its neck, but both look pullet-y.

5. Duck Mad

Mar 13, 2011
    Rugby
    Thank you for replying... I so pray you are right both looking female ... each time i look at them i feel more confused haha

6. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    x2

7. Duck Mad

Mar 13, 2011
    Rugby
    Thank you :D

8. Table4Six

Table4Six Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2012
    I agree, both look like pullets.

9. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not the greatest pics, but here's my black silkie cockerel around 4-5 months. I had the hardest time telling in person, but once I posted a pic here I could easily see the irregular streamers on the head, and the start of saddle feathers, plus the amount of comb. I'm thinking you have both pullets, mostly from the nice rounded head poofs and lack of combs.

10. Duck Mad

Mar 13, 2011
    Rugby
    Thank you :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by