Please help Brooder requirements for bantam chicks DIY if possible

when in doubt do it at the earlier option. With certain eggs I go into lock down a day or 2 early with no problems. But if the first pip happens before lock down and the Humidity is low then that chick will have problems. Just do it at the earliest of your 2 options and it will be your safest bet.

I get confused by the exact same thing you just did and thats how I solve it.
This waiting now that they are in lockdown is excruciating I find myself peering at them through the incubator wishing to see something anything that will give me hope that all is well

This waiting now that they are in lockdown is excruciating I find myself peering at them through the incubator wishing to see something anything that will give me hope that all is well
I just went into lock down a little early, I know the feeling.. supposed to go into lock down Friday and I went into lock down 2 and a half hours before Midnight(Friday).. I wish incubators had fast forward buttons.

I just went into lock down a little early, I know the feeling.. supposed to go into lock down Friday and I went into lock down 2 and a half hours before Midnight(Friday).. I wish incubators had fast forward buttons.
Because we are bantams I went into lockdown early too now I’m so nervous I’ve done the wrong thing. This is more stressful then pregnancy

We have lift off 8/11 hatched so far another has its beach out of a hole but can’t seem to break the shell it’s been nearly 24 hrs like this but I can still see it chirping away. The last 2 no action yet.
Any advice?
I don’t think I can take the chicks out while that other chick is still trying to hatch right?

Back
Top Bottom