Chicken Boots
12 Years
Oct 3, 2011
Virginia
My Coop
My Coop
Edited

Major BumbleFoot

After close examination I have found that 5 out of 7 adult birds have bumblefoot :th 2 of them only have it on one foot and its very small and not even black. So im hoping not much has to be done to them. But the other 3 have it on both feet and its kinda bad. So that's 6 feet to opperate on :( :th Do I get an award for most bumblefoot cases at 1 time????? I dont even have a blade to cut them open with. :/ I'll probably do some of them tonight maybe or all tomorrow. I'm now depressed. :hit They act fine and run and jump on there feet and all. And its not too swollen.....but I got to do what I got to do I guess.
:barnie

Last edited:
Thanks for the good luck. I am gonna need it. Thanks CMV for the link. Were can I get tricide-neo?? And how much do I use in the water??

Last edited:
Any pet store that carries fish supplies should have it. The mixing info should be on the package or in the thread I gave you.

Thanks
hugs.gif

I've seen instances where several of my chickens had the telltale dark scab on their footpad but there wasnt any redness, swelling, nor were they limping. I actually performed minor surgery on one and found nothing. I learned that it's only best to do the surgery only if they are limping, have redness or swelling in or around the scab. Otherwise it's a waste of time and causing undue stress on the chicken(s.) It seems the scabs fall off on their own.
Bottomline....dont do the surgery unless there's redness, swelling and/or limping or any combination of these.

I've seen instances where several of my chickens had the telltale dark scab on their footpad but there wasnt any redness, swelling, nor were they limping. I actually performed minor surgery on one and found nothing. I learned that it's only best to do the surgery only if they are limping, have redness or swelling in or around the scab. Otherwise it's a waste of time and causing undue stress on the chicken(s.) It seems the scabs fall off on their own.
Bottomline....dont do the surgery unless there's redness, swelling and/or limping or any combination of these.
I second this. When I first learned about bumblefoot I started digging in every foot that had a scab. NEVER found a bumble and I was VERY thorough. I now only do it if it actually looks 'infected'. I've also found that the minor ones that just have scabs go away all on their own, at least on my girls.

Back
Top Bottom