PLEASE help- can only see 1/2 of the sentences in threads!

TerriLaChicks

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 23, 2008
Central Louisiana
I have no idea what I'm doing wrong-- but I can only see 1/2 of the sentences in any thread, in any forum. The rest is blocked by the "Recent Activity" section.

If anybody has a solution, please let me know! I have been an active member here for several years now, & this is an important part of my daily internet life -- but right now I am so frustrated!!

Also it is running slower than molasses for me, but I do have an old computer -- altho no hope of a newer in the near future -- if anybody knows of any way to speed that part up I'd appreciate that info also---right now I'd just like to be able to read the whole sentence!!!!!!!

I'm sorry but if I can't read an entire sentence -- what's the point of even logging on?

Again, please, I know there are moderators out there----isn't there anybody who knows what's going on & who has any suggestions at all? I am not computer literate; I apologize for that, and I really want to stay a member of this forum----kind of hard to do when I can only see 1/2 of the sentences on each thread.

I know I'm not the only member having this problem. Please help!

All I can see from your post is
"is there a possibility you have two windows open
this all within in the same window"

I do not have two windows open that I know of. How would you know if you have two windows open? I went into this site the same way I always have & when I opened it in the "new improved" format, I can only see 2/3 of the thread, & the other 1/3 is taken up by the "Recent Review" thing.

Is there a way to shrink the 'recent reviews' so that the missing 1/3 of the regular link shows up?

I am so upset. I really liked this forum & spent a lot of time here. Can't anybody help me?
Where are you moderators?

You have your screen resolution set to low. 800 x 600. Need to reset it higher. Happens with any website optimized for 1024 x 768 and up which is normally the lowest you see these days. It causes a panel overlap unless the site is in a wrapper which forces a scroll bar across the bottom of the screen.

Check my website and tell me if it happens there. www.wildthingorganics.com

Text is larger and easier to read at low screen resolutions, but images are blocky and fewer items fit on the screen
  1. Open Display Settings by clicking the Start button
    4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_47.png
    , clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, clickingPersonalization, and then clicking Display Settings.
  2. Under Resolution, move the slider to the resolution you want, and then click Apply.

gl_ico.png
Notes

• When you change the screen resolution, it affects all users who log on to the computer.
  • When you set your monitor to a screen resolution that it won't support, the screen will go black for a few seconds while the monitor reverts back to the original resolution

Back
Top Bottom