PLEASE HELP! Chickie in egg looks BAD!!

Well the chickie has broken the shell and is sitting up in it. I was watching it all day and night, I still had another egg in there pipping and hatching during this whole thing. After this little one got quiet I got even more nervous and said to myself if he can't get out soon I will probably have to help him, but I couldn't open the bator while the other one was hatching.
So anyway, the other one hatches and I figure I will wait for it to dry and fluff up before opening the bator, I come back in a short while and this little chick is sittling up in the egg.
It looks pretty rough so I can't really tell what kind of health its in, I will have a better idea when it moves out of the shell.
I will update you all, thanks Natalie

All is well, the chick is completely free of the egg and getting around. He moves a little slower than the rest and wants to just crowd in with them under the light,but seems okay.I think he is just really tired and worn out.
Thank you to everyone who listened to my worries and expressed concern and kindness.
smile.png

Glad the chickie made it out! S/he is probably VERY tired after a long arduous ordeal out of that egg.

It's a tough call when to help or not, but if you can see them breathing it is better to give them more time than less. Good call!

Back
Top Bottom