Please help! Do I need to put coconut oil on pip?

Pics
My "chipping away shell" job looks very sloppy but if the membrane tore, I would move to another area. I wasn't able to get any farther due to torn membrane. I didn't see any bleeding though. I do believe it nicked one of it's veins whenever it pipped. Hopefully it didn't lose too much blood and still has a chance to hatch healthy and strong (once it's out of the shell).

The yellow in the egg also made me stop. I believe it's the chicks down but I worried it was the yolk, although that's always at the other end, at least I believe it usually is.

It was softly cheeping the entire time I was peeling egg shell. Not sure if I should continue or wait. The last time I assisted I was able to peel the shell away easily. I gently chip away tiny pieces
View attachment 2285373
I see red, what is that? And what is the yellow thing? It looks ok. Maybe that one just has a tougher membrane. Eggs from younger hens usually do.

You know so much more than I do but the red that is right by the pip looks to be blood but I believe it's from the pip. I don't see any active bleeding.

What I meant was to do something like this
20200705_141243.jpg

but it's ok. Just watch and wait. I can't imagine it's yolk, that's so weird. Can you try to open the air cell like the one in my pic too? You'll be able to see more. I'm wondering if the yellow is embryo wastes. If it was yolk I think it would be laced with veins.

Back
Top Bottom