Please help - Dodgy Roo needs to be identified (and his mom too)

MammaHen

Songster
11 Years
Apr 16, 2008
Knysna, South Africa
Awhile ago a black hen arrived on our farm and decided this was to be her home. I don't know what she is although I suspect a black Australorp. This is all well and good but she's recently hatched some chicks after my RIR had his wicked way with her and now 2 of her chicks are roo's and have a suspicious game hen sort of look about them. (I'm not to partial to the game hen thing, they look like they wearing fishnet stockings and stilleto's to me) Please have a look and see if I'm seeing things that aren't there. Maybe I've just forgotten what a young RIR looks like!
9011_chicken_etc_031.jpg

this is what mom looks like:

9011_chicken_etc_003.jpg

9011_chicken_etc_054-1.jpg

Last edited:
The one on top with the green legs has some pretty long legs. So I would say there is probably some modern game in him.

Quote:
So that means mom must have modern game in her somewhere as he's one of her babies and he was fathered by a RIR. Is it possible not to show at all in her but be passed on to her offspring? Sheesh, no wonder I fell asleep in Genetics at school. It still stumps me!

not necessarily... young roosters gone through those weird teenage stage can look gangly and out of proportion.. you'll probably can get a better idea when he's over a year old..

Back
Top Bottom