please help does my rabbit have gas

chickenmama109

Free Ranging
6 Years
Mar 5, 2017
texas
hi i have a rabbit that i bought she is six weeks old she was on some kind of horse hay and they gave me alittle of it and i went and got some timothy hay for her did i switch to fast she is laying on her tummy like she might have gas but im not sure ive been trying to get her to like me so i will hold her pet her and feed her hay out of my hand but is she gonna be ok i just go her yesterday please help sorry for all the post if made thanks so much for your help

Yes she is doing very good thanks for all of your help I’m new to bunny’s so I really want to do everything right I would like to start breeding bunny’s soon but I’m still thinking about it

Good to hear it's doing okay. Bunnies are a newer hobby of mine too. I was afraid I would kill mine too that first year. You will gain confidence as you get more experience.

Thanks I’ve been holding her trying to get her to like me but she is still scared of me how do I get her to like me thanks for your help

Thanks I’ve been holding her trying to get her to like me but she is still scared of me how do I get her to like me thanks for your help
Rabbits don't like being held. They are prey animals so being held can be scary. Most will struggle or scratch when held.

I sit on a chair and they come up to me. I also pet them in their hutches. Rabbits are curious critters and will come up to smell you. You could also put it in a tote or basket to carry it around, and to pet it in a confined place, just make sure it doesn't jump out.

Was it handled where you got it at? That can help too. My young ones from last fall are now mature and they are not as afraid of me, so maturity brings confidence to a bunny. I handled my baby bunnies a lot as they grew.

Keep up gentle handling, when it gets a bit older you can offer it small pieces of apples or carrots as a treat and it will look forward to it. Just wait a few months for those. You also can give it some willow or apple branches to chew on too.

Back
Top Bottom