Please help, dog attack on 7 week old chicks.

Are these ok?
These 3 are up walking and drinking now.

Bielefelder roo. He is gurgling alot. This is behind his neck. Surprisingly he is the spunkiest.
20210727_132850.jpg

This is on his left side.
20210727_132911.jpg

My dark brahma pullet, under her left wing.
20210727_133005.jpg

Light brahma pullet, left side under wing.
20210727_133153.jpg

I know this is traumatic and devastating, I'm so sorry. With injuries I tend to lean towards giving them some time, unless they wounds are just devastating or they are obviously suffering. Unless it's obviously hopeless I try to give them 24 hours and then reassess. By then shock is usually resolved and you get a better feel for how they are doing. Clean up what you can without too much stress on them (if there is gurgling I would not flush that wound, only surface clean), apply ointment like plain neosporin or plain triple antibiotic ointment, and then let them rest in a low light, quiet, warm place. Monitor to see if they are drinking or eating (electrolites in the water for 1/2 a day, then switch to plain water for the rest may help). I recently lost 2 to a fox, one was gone already, one only lasted a minute or so, I interrupted the attack. It's always heartbreaking. Any you feel are suffering or beyond help, it's completely understandable to euthanize. I've also seen some survive some terrible stuff.

I know this is traumatic and devastating, I'm so sorry. With injuries I tend to lean towards giving them some time, unless they wounds are just devastating or they are obviously suffering. Unless it's obviously hopeless I try to give them 24 hours and then reassess. By then shock is usually resolved and you get a better feel for how they are doing. Clean up what you can without too much stress on them (if there is gurgling I would not flush that wound, only surface clean), apply ointment like plain neosporin or plain triple antibiotic ointment, and then let them rest in a low light, quiet, warm place. Monitor to see if they are drinking or eating (electrolites in the water for 1/2 a day, then switch to plain water for the rest may help). I recently lost 2 to a fox, one was gone already, one only lasted a minute or so, I interrupted the attack. It's always heartbreaking. Any you feel are suffering or beyond help, it's completely understandable to euthanize. I've also seen some survive some terrible stuff.
Thank you so much for your kind words💕 I'm debating going ahead and treating the worst 2. The ones leg may not be broken it may just be out of joint. Would wrapping it help? I just don't want them to suffer without cause. The second one has almost all it's feathers pulled out and is in shock. It was sickly to begin with and I just got it up and going good.

A dislocated leg would be best treated by a vet. If it is dislocated and it isn't moved correctly it could do more damage. If it's broken, then it depends on where the break is as to whether a splint might work or not. Low leg fractures can often be splinted, up high by the hip it often requires surgery and pins in order for it to heal. I will attach a splinting manual, may help, it explains how to examine for a fracture. If not useful now the info may help in the future. Plucked feathers are survivable, time will tell if there are any internal injuries that are not obvious. Unless you see the attack it's hard to know if they were shaken, and how hard they may have been squeezed. For the one that's very shocky you can try to get it to drink by holding a small dish up to her beak, see if she'll try.

Attachments

• Duerr_Splinting_Manual_2010.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
A dislocated leg would be best treated by a vet. If it is dislocated and it isn't moved correctly it could do more damage. If it's broken, then it depends on where the break is as to whether a splint might work or not. Low leg fractures can often be splinted, up high by the hip it often requires surgery and pins in order for it to heal. I will attach a splinting manual, may help, it explains how to examine for a fracture. If not useful now the info may help in the future. Plucked feathers are survivable, time will tell if there are any internal injuries that are not obvious. Unless you see the attack it's hard to know if they were shaken, and how hard they may have been squeezed. For the one that's very shocky you can try to get it to drink by holding a small dish up to her beak, see if she'll try.
Thank you, I'll go assess them and see what can be done.

Ok, so update on the buff laced brahma. His leg isn't broken after all, he can move it at the knee and hip joints. He stood up and took a couple of steps for me. I think it's just sprained/sore. I reevaluated his wounds, washed them with betadine and packed them full of antibiotic ointment. He is drinking as well. Pic are before I cleaned them.

Attachments

• 20210727_141824.jpg
    20210727_141824.jpg
    630.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210727_141857.jpg
    20210727_141857.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210727_142158.jpg
    20210727_142158.jpg
    325.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 20210727_142207.jpg
    20210727_142207.jpg